Anyone see a DFW shop for sale on Craigslist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I visited his shop last year and was really impressed with the layout and cleanliness. He also had a neat sales thing going. He had a full mannequin setup with full gear for $1,000.00 including a tank and open water certification. I don't remember everything about the gear, but it seemed like a great deal for a new diver. He was a nice guy, and it suxs that he has health problems now after overcoming that fire.

Heck if I had that crazy dough, I would consider moving because it is not a fixer-upper.

Just an update on this thread. I was in the shop today and visited quite a while with Rick, the former owner. I say former, because International Scuba of Carrollton now owns it. They have made the very wise move of keeping Rick on as manager. Rick's a nice guy, and seems to genuinely care about the customers and the business. I wish them all good luck.

Great to hear International Scuba bought them! Great shop, great people.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different DFW shop, but didn't Scuba Toys buy International Scuba a year or two ago?

Scubatoys bought Emerald Sea out two or three years ago.

I bet that's what I was thinking about. :) Thanks!

Obviously no "new" Austin Aqua Sports store front... Clearwater is on life support with George Peel now in Honduras. By the way, does anyone know what Glenn McFarland is up to?

Hi,

I'm glad to see that you have noticed the incredible work that Rick Blake did during his ownership of the Garland store.
He has a great commitment to customer service and we are glad he will be around to serve the dive community.
Rick has told me he plans to pursue all the diving he was unable to enjoy while holding down the fort almost single handedly.

With all the craziness that goes with an ownership change I neglected to check in with our fellow swampers.
We are currently open and are hoping to have an International Scuba Garland Grand Opening soon. In the meantime I invite you in to introduce yourselves and look around. We should have fun new toys coming in on a weekly basis and even more goodies after DEMA. I hope you find that we are keeping the best of Aqua World and adding some of International Scuba's flexibility in training schedules and our layaway plan that lets you dive your gear while paying for it.

I always enjoy running into swampers at the various dive spots and hope to meet more of you in the coming months. Maybe at the North Texas Retailers Assoc. holiday party. I would love to get feedback on things we can do at the new location to better serve you.

Cheers,

Richard Thomas
Retail Manager

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom