Anyone recognise this Cressi 1st stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba andy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
Ive come into possesion of a set of cressi regs and dont know what model the 1st stage is:

IMG_20121122_230454.jpg

Its set up with a Cressi mini SPG, an Elipse Titanium 2nd stage and what appears to be another elipse titanium (with yellow purge button) as an octopus. There appear to be 2 HP and 4 LP ports on the 1st stage.

It has: ce 0474, en 250, 417071 anodised on the other side.

Anyone recognise the model?

Cheers.

Cheers pal! Thats great.

Have you got the same yourself then? The reviews of this 1st stage are promising especially when its upgraded to AF. Do you happen to know if they still do the service kits?

The materials used for this 1st stage seem to be of good quality, I like that.
I just serviced a MC5, a MC7 and a MC9, but for whatever reason all Cressi Sub 1st stage of the MC series seem not to be as stabil in the IP output as other similar diaphragm models. The IP output shows mostly a slight variation in the IP everytime you turn the air off and put it on again, the lockup is not as swift as I know it from other models.
The variation and creep is well within acceptable limits, I just see mostly other models with different qualities.
I'm not sure if those qualities I could watch are Cressi Sub model typically or not.
I serviced up to now only these three Cressi Sub MC serie regulators and they had been badly mistreated by some Dive Pros, the 1st stage orifices might have shown some imperfections, I could not change them.
Here around Cressi Sub regulators are sort of exotic, to get spare parts and service kits is difficult, I had to get them from Europe.
Make sure you have a reliable source for parts.
Otherwise I'm sure you can do with the MC7 any normal dive profile for recreational purposes you want.
So if you got the regulator for a reasonable price, just use it if you can get parts. If not, try to sell it and get you a more common brand.
Good luck

Thanks axxel, I appreciate the information. Ill see if I can get them serviced soon.

Gracias amigo.

Back
Top Bottom