Anyone need a dive buddy or have room for another on Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trident00

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just seeing if anyone has any diving planned for Saturday 10/24/09 and needs a buddy or has room in their group for a tag along.
Thanks, Walt

We'll be diving somewhere Saturday but I doubt you'd want to dive with us. A group of 3 newbs and 2 that are less new.

I was going to take the boat out but for the 2nd seekend in a row we have a front moving in.

I don't get sea sick...lol......but I'm open for a shore dive as well. Seriously though I just checked the online nat weather and it looks like we will be under 10 knotts saturday etc. To my novice mind that relates to calm-light chop. I didn't get to dive last weekend and I'm feeling better from a lil bit of being under the weather, so im itching to dive.
Take care, Walt

Last edited:
Too many people have thought the same thing, Went out for a day of diving or fishing to never return. RIP. Granted I have a sound sturdy boat and have been in VERY bad conditions before. But, When a front rolls in it is common to get water spouts and wind gust just because of the cold air hitting the hot water of the gulf. All that aside I don't see the point of taking the risk if the Vis is going to suck anyway. Just my .02

Trident...........I am looking at the weather forcast and if it comes down a little more I will probably be taking my boat out. PM me your contact info. With the recently rough water, we will probably have to get out pretty far to get any vis.
I am in the Brooksville area.

I would like to get out and do some diving this weekend, but a boat\shore dive seems to be questionable at the moment. Saturday morning looks like the only window of opportunity right now. The winds and seas are supposed to start really picking up after lunchtime and continue on into Sunday. I have winds forecast at 15kts with seas at 2ft building to 4ft....

Doesn't sound comfortable. Welcome to winter in FL. :/

Here is the latest NOAA forcast for offshore Hernando County:
Coastal Waters Forecast for Waters from Tarpon Springs to Suwannee River FL out 20 to 60 NM (GMZ870)

Friday...South winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.

Friday Night...South winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Saturday...West winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of thunderstorms.

Saturday Night...North winds around 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.

Echoo, I wasn't insinuating that you should take your boat out in bad weather, and I respect you for not wanting to risk any life or property. My seasick comment was definitly tongue in cheek. I definitly do not have as much experience in the gulf as you probably do, but I do have boating experience in many different states, altitudes, and conditions, so I certainly appreciate your concerns. Being stuck in a bad weather situation is never ever fun. I have been in the Gulf with water spouts being spotted far off our port side, and it did make me uneasy. We were headed in a direction taking us away from the cel, so there was comfort in that. As you indicated, visibilty may be a serious concern for the weekend. I do not have enough experience in the Gulf to know just how much the viz will be affected by the weather we have had lately. I found out today that my regular dive buddies have forgone their hunting trip this wekend and are probably going to take me out to scout for the upcominng King of the beach kingfishing tourny in a few weeks. We are hoping to sneek out early in the am before the weather starts getting stronger. I still want to get some diving in though soon. I wouldnt mind even going and diving springs if the weather is bad in the Gulf.
Cheers, Walt

I would like to get out and do some diving this weekend, but a boat\shore dive seems to be questionable at the moment. Saturday morning looks like the only window of opportunity right now. The winds and seas are supposed to start really picking up after lunchtime and continue on into Sunday. I have winds forecast at 15kts with seas at 2ft building to 4ft....

Doesn't sound comfortable. Welcome to winter in FL. :/

This is the way I am seeing it for this weekend too. I have a 30' boat that has seen 8'sea's.
even 3-5' is uncomfortable, and makes for slow going. Not to mention these are winter storms we are talking about.

Anyway enough hi-jacking of your thread. Have fun and be safe if you do find a ride out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom