Anyone know what Galileo Sol "Service Mode Error 32" is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Scuba Pro France serviced Sol finally returned to the LDS Friday, after almost 4 months. Opened the box and the battery was dead! @#$%^&!! Scuba Pro!! Back it goes. Can't hate on them enough today.

My Petrel works great and I love it. Thanks to all those who recommended Shearwater!

The day that I sold my Galileo was the happiest day of my ownership. I was wearing the heart monitor on a dive in NJ and the computer reported that my pulse had escalated from 80 bpm to over 200 in a few secs. Then went into shutdown at 80 feet. Really glad that I had a SPG and BT as backup. Sent it to Scubapro for service and sold it on the day that I got it back. (This function serves no purpose but to confound and over-complicate things).

My Scuba Pro France serviced Sol finally returned to the LDS Friday, after almost 4 months. Opened the box and the battery was dead! @#$%^&!! Scuba Pro!! Back it goes. Can't hate on them enough today.

My Petrel works great and I love it. Thanks to all those who recommended Shearwater!

The battery is user replaceable, why do you need to send it back?

Reactions: CPH
The day that I sold my Galileo was the happiest day of my ownership. I was wearing the heart monitor on a dive in NJ and the computer reported that my pulse had escalated from 80 bpm to over 200 in a few secs. Then went into shutdown at 80 feet. Really glad that I had a SPG and BT as backup. Sent it to Scubapro for service and sold it on the day that I got it back. (This function serves no purpose but to confound and over-complicate things).

It may be an issue in drysuit diving. Diving wetsuit I've never had a problem with the HR monitor.

The battery is user replaceable, why do you need to send it back?

The replacement battery didn't bring it back to life either. I only had the one spare battery. Is it worth buying another battery to see if that works?

They have a strange approach to customer service. For the amount of time they had the computer, I would expect it to show up ready to dive.

It may be an issue in drysuit diving. Diving wetsuit I've never had a problem with the HR monitor.

Interesting...not sure why. Any ideas? Have you heard of any other incidents in drysuits?

I just wish that the computer did not lock up immediately. My opinion is that the heart-rate info should be informational and not cause lock-up in the middle of a dive. (There should be some override to prevent that in the software).

Interesting...not sure why. Any ideas? Have you heard of any other incidents in drysuits?

I just wish that the computer did not lock up immediately. My opinion is that the heart-rate info should be informational and not cause lock-up in the middle of a dive. (There should be some override to prevent that in the software).

I agree with you that the heart rate information is too unreliable for the computer to lock up. In fact the threshold for locking up should be very high if ever.

I read somewhere else that a drysuit diver had problems with the HR readings and his computer went into SOS mode. I guess it has to do with the contacts with the skin in a "dry" environment. It seems to work really dependably in a wetsuit. It may also have to do with the fact that the wetsuit presses the contacts onto the skin, but a drysuit does not.

I read somewhere else that a drysuit diver had problems with the HR readings and his computer went into SOS mode. I guess it has to do with the contacts with the skin in a "dry" environment. It seems to work really dependably in a wetsuit. It may also have to do with the fact that the wetsuit presses the contacts onto the skin, but a drysuit does not.

Two comments: (1) I dive a Whites Fusion so there is always some pressure on my chest. Agreed not quite as much as a wetsuit and (2) without being too graphic, I'm usually a wee bit moist under the undergarments so good contact should not be a problem.

Now, I have a Shearwater and an Atomic Cobalt. OLEDs rock. Much happier. Customer service is also way better.

Two comments: (1) I dive a Whites Fusion so there is always some pressure on my chest. Agreed not quite as much as a wetsuit and (2) without being too graphic, I'm usually a wee bit moist under the undergarments so good contact should not be a problem.

Now, I have a Shearwater and an Atomic Cobalt. OLEDs rock. Much happier. Customer service is also way better.

Fair enough. The most worrisome problem I've had with my Sol is some loss of signal, even though I keep a backup SPG I don't need the extra anxiety when diving. Nevertheless I like air integration a lot and consider it a safety feature, as it gives you an indication if you have enough gas to make a safe ascent in an open water environment.

I have my eye on the Liquivision Lynx; when it becomes available and debugged I may switch over to this.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom