Anyone know what 3C led light this is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaMaDo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought these on a whim after a dive at a dive shop in the keys and I'm wondering what they are and if they are worth keeping. They say I have 30 days to decide.

I tested them against the halcyon scouts they also had while inside the store and this one seemed to have a brighter spot...but I'm not sure of the quality in terms of flooding, etc (they do have double o-rings). The non-led scout was horrible compared to the newer led scout. This one seemed even better than the led scout. They were $89 each. Should I keep for tech or return and later on go with a light monkey or something for more $$$?

The shop didn't know who made them either. It was just in their system as a generic name
The only writing on them is "Made in Taiwan"

Here are pictures:
led1.jpg

led2.jpg

led3.jpg

Last edited:
I finally found it.

I was looking at the lights on leisure pro and stumbled on it here...they have it labled as made by "Aqua" but when googling that I don't get any other info, it just goes back to LP at some point. The one review on LP doesn't really help me much either.

The SOS was driving me crazy for a while until I figured out it activates every other time you twist the light on. Sometimes it pauses for a while at the beginning before the SOS starts and I thought it was a bad contact sometimes - but it just depends on what part of the cycle it was on.

I can't figure out how to get it into low power mode.

I guess it's just a no name from Taiwan. It's really bright and I wish I knew more about it, especially it's durability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom