Anyone know this reel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loved the Video lol
Wish it was more indepth. But that cause I'm a tech nerd and like to know how things work. As a Promo piece, Awesome. Maybe show one in use during a dive?

"tech nerd"? Are you a Recreational or Tec diver? From a "Tec" divers standpoint, simpler is better. With that in mind, nothing beats the Halcyon Pathfinder 400!

- Simple Design
- Made from great materials
- Compact
- Easy to use

Halcyon Pathfinder Reels, Buy at The SCUBA Connection 888-SCUBA-47 HPR *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Hi Wayne,

Everyone likes what they like. I agree simpler is better. From my standpoint after years of trying all types of reels I hated all of them and decieded to come up with something that adresses the issues I had with reels. To me and a lot of others ours is simpler to use, it requires no line management and I'm now free to look around and focus on my dive instead of a reel. I know not everyone will see this value but they don't have to, there are many reels to choose from.

Right now I'm Rec. I like I said I like new things and knowing how they work.
And Dennis, Cool that you guys are in PA. You do stuff at Dutch alot? lol
My family has a lake house at Walenpaupak, and I've dove that lol

We did some testing at Dutch Bainbrige, and a local stripping pit, but most testing was done in the ocean. We have done a lot of testing to make sure we have a quality product. We previously used gears to advance the leveler but had problems with debris. We then went to gear covers and o-rings. We finally came up with a sloted gear or Geniva mechanism that advances when pins on the spool come in contact with it. This eliminated any debris problems, you can scoop up sand and muck into the reel shake it underwater and the unit will have no problem. The geniva gear is open and there is no place for debris to bind. The reel was a lot of work to design and build and took years but I wanted a high quality product made right here.

Simpler is better. The halcyon pathfinder 400 is pretty sweet.

Yep, I concur. I liked that reel the most out of the ones I have tried. A pity, as it is the most expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom