Anyone know this reel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PiranhaChris

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
There was this Reel I saw at the Under The Sea show in NJ. It was Black and totally enclosed. It had some kinda of ratcheting mechanism and was anti tangle. If anyone know what the hell I'm talking about please let me know what that reel is. lol
Thanks

You mean something like this:
reel200.jpg

I've seen them before. I can't believe they would be jam-proof. No reel is jam-proof. They just didn't find a sufficiently talented monkey to give their reel to for testing.

The really big disadvantage to the enclosed design is that *when* (not if) you jam it, then you have no chance of getting it sorted again under water.

R..

That might be the turd..........I think at the booth they showed its "guts" and it's like as it spools and unspools it has this mechanism that goes back and forth across the reel to make it a clean spool.......I think.....I could be wrong. But it was pretty cool and sturdy.

My dad suggested the Manata. prob what I'm gonna go for if I can figure out this reel.
Thanks again

Maybe it is ours, we showed our reel at Beneath the Sea in 08 and DEMA 09 it is totally enclosed and ratchets. It is extremely easy to use and allows you to focus on your dive instead of the reel. Some people don't trust it, but a lot of divers including me would never go back. It does tension and level the line allowing slack line to be reeled in as fast as you can reel. As a side benefit it holds 67% more line. I have yet to tangle it in over 3 yrs.

We have been selling to recreational, technical, and police dive teams around the country. We have been receiving great reviews from customers and testers.

AHHHHH Yes......I'm like 90% sure it was you're Reeler lol

And as for any issues.....I do plan on getting a back-up, prob a simple finger spool as a back up

Loved the Video lol
Wish it was more indepth. But that cause I'm a tech nerd and like to know how things work. As a Promo piece, Awesome. Maybe show one in use during a dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom