Anyone know of any charters from Pompano down to KW that’ll be open on thanksgiving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KSDeepDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Long shot, I know.

however, if there will be an open charter, there will be 4 of us down to utilize the services.

Long shot, I know.

however, if there will be an open charter, there will be 4 of us down to utilize the services.
I’ve never heard of a charter closed on thanksgiving day before.

have you called any of them?

Three of the 5 charters I use most commonly in Boynton Beach, West Palm, and Jupiter are open on Thanksgiving. The other two are taking the holiday off. Many of the operations have an online calendar that makes it very easy to check for availability of charters.

Aqualife and South FL Diving HQ in Pompano, Sea Experience in Ft. Lauderdale, Horizon and Rainbow Reef in Key Largo are all running charters on Thanksgiving day. I don't dive in Key West so I didn't check there but they are most likely running as well.

All this info is available online. Just about every charter has an up-to-date website to see when they are running and what their availability is. Most only take Christmas Day off and I've even seen some run charters on Christmas. Money talks.

Long shot, I know.

Are you saying Key West? Why wouldn't you just drive there and get a local charter? Running a boat 400 miles has got to be ridiculously expensive and time consuming.

Sam

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom