Anyone know of a universal GoPro mount for a single-lens mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not so much the rapid, small arc vibrations that are a problem (such as hand holding a camera on land), indeed these can be fixed with image stabilization. The bigger problem with mask mounting is how often and quickly you swing your head that makes the video difficult to watch. I use this hand mount which leaves your hands free and gives great control of the GoPro.

Dive swag & accessories- ExRDS apparel and 3D printed dive accessories
$60 is WAY too much to spend on a hand mount. I think I paid $15 for a travel case, head, chest, wrist, selfie stick, floating handle, a bunch adhesive mounts etc etc etc. All I really wanted was the storage case but it came full of stuff. I have no use for a selfie stick, but it telescopes. I'm trying it as an expanding tickle stick for lobster.

The shearwater straps that come with it alone are $20. Certainly everyone has their own price point for what they feel is valuable. For me, having a mount that leaves me excellent control over the camera and hands-free at the same time is well worth it.

The shearwater straps that come with it alone are $20. Certainly everyone has their own price point for what they feel is valuable. For me, having a mount that leaves me excellent control over the camera and hands-free at the same time is well worth it.

Everyone values things differently obviously. But how is a nylon strap worth $20? Legit question because I have a ton of them.

Back
Top Bottom