Anyone know of a universal GoPro mount for a single-lens mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerbee

Contributor
Reaction score
Baton Rouge, LA / Puerto Galera, Philippines
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just bought my first GoPro (Hero7) today, and in looking online I can only find universal mount adapters for masks of the two-lens variety. I use frameless single-lens and framed single-lens masks. Is anyone aware of a universal mount that would fit on my framed single-lens mask?

I agree that mask mounts are horrible. If you really want one, print one. Here's one from www.Thingiverse.com

photo_display_large_preview_featured.jpg

Easy-Install Gopro Scuba Mask Mount by jayziggy

Buying a tray is expensive. Way more expensive than they're worth for most people.

This has worked well for me. The first of my gear builds, less than $5 and 30 minutes.

Super classy gopro mount

A 2 handed tray makes for stable shots and no jerk movements, plus you can rest it on the bottom. I run a spiral cord from it to my bc so it doesn't get lost. Which reminds me, I need to post on how to make them too :laugh:

Mask mounts can produce good video. These days the top tier cameras have image stabilization that takes away most of the shake. Not to mention videos should be kept to under five minutes (closer to three) if you expect any sort of engagement. This mean on a typical 2 tank dive you're cutting out the majority of your video. Pick and choose the highlights and put them together. A mask strap mount will surely produce a ton of bubble ruined video.

Here's a video from earlier this year. Mind you I'm spearfishing with my head on a swivel and the video came together just fine. I'm not putting together NatGeo productions here, just documenting how this particular day went. It's nice to be hands free and with a little forethought you can put decent YouTube quality videos together.

As for mounting to a single lens mask, I think you need to post a picture of the mask if you want help.

It's not so much the rapid, small arc vibrations that are a problem (such as hand holding a camera on land), indeed these can be fixed with image stabilization. The bigger problem with mask mounting is how often and quickly you swing your head that makes the video difficult to watch. I use this hand mount which leaves your hands free and gives great control of the GoPro.

Dive swag & accessories- ExRDS apparel and 3D printed dive accessories

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom