Anyone know Dive Palancar dive op in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SterlingDiver:
Hi, we dove 12 dives w/Palanacar in May and are returning in a few weeks to dive with them again.

They let us push our computer's limits (or exceed them) and we never had more than 9 on a boat. We did deep dives to over 90' and never felt like we were with a bunch of beginers. It was extremly conveinant diving with them at Occidetial. They were very good hosts and we had a great time. I am not sure where some of the others here have gotten their information??

Good luck in your decisions, but don't be afraid to dive with Palanacar.

SterlingDiver

DP is a very safe and well respected operation. No one said otherwise.

However, they are a resort operator, and therefore, run the operation accordingly. They do not advertise or claim to be an operation that caters to advanced divers or that allows more diver freedom. They have a pretty defined schedule and defined profiles/bottom times for the divemasters to follow, which are within table limits. You are allowed to use your computer, but you are still diving the dictated profile by the divemaster in most cases.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, and if I were an operation of their size and catering to resort divers (who tend to be once a year divers) I too would run things more conservatively. They are a fine operation, just not for everyone.

I dove with "Dive Palancar" a couple of weeks ago. I didn't enjoy diving with them. I was staying at the Occidental Allegro which is right down from The Grand.

A good dive master can be the difference between a good dive or a bad dive, because they will go the extra distance to point out critters or take you through the swim-throughs instead of lazily floating by them. The dive masters wanted to get the divers in the water and get the dive over with. I wouldn't dive with them again.

I would recommend diving with a service that has a reputation for giving their customers an enjoyable dive. As any dive shop will pick up right from the pier of the Grand in the morning, you should have no worries diving with another shop.

I'm going to Coz the first week of Sept. and staying at the Grand part of the time. I'm not going to dive with Palancar but I'll give them the once over and talk to some of the folks who do dive with them while I'm there and post a report when we get back.
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

I have dived with Dive With Martin and Dive Palancar. I thought both operations were great. We had a private boat with DWM which was nice for the 5 of us.
At Palancar, there were 9-14 divers each time we went out but they always divided us into smaller groups. I thought the DMs of both operations were very good, personalble, pointing out wildlife, taking time to see what is there and weaving through formations. We plan to go back the end of August. We are planning to use Palancar again because we are staying at that resort again.

Sue-ba Lips:
I have dived with Dive With Martin and Dive Palancar. I thought both operations were great. We had a private boat with DWM which was nice for the 5 of us.
At Palancar, there were 9-14 divers each time we went out but they always divided us into smaller groups. I thought the DMs of both operations were very good, personalble, pointing out wildlife, taking time to see what is there and weaving through formations. We plan to go back the end of August. We are planning to use Palancar again because we are staying at that resort again.

We just got back from another visit to Allegro and we dived with Palancar the whole trip. Both times using them (about 24 dives), the dive site was not predetermined. We decided as a group where we were going each and every time. Also, I seem to have the most air of anyone in the group and even though the DM will give you an estimated dive time, 95% of the group starts going up before the time is expired. It is usually the DM and I going up together last because if my buddy ran out of air before me, he would buddy up the out of air people and let me stay with him. I would definitely use them again and again.

dwwest101:
Try BlueXTSea. Christi really takes care of her divers. I dove with her in July and we had 6 on the boat. Raul was one of the best I have ever dove with down there. He is great at finding the small things. They actually value as a customer and want you to enjoy yourself. As a group we discussed which site we wanted to visit. I have been with several different ops over the years and this one was head and shoulders above the ones I have been.

I'll second that, I just dove with Christy a few weeks ago and all your dive needs will be met.
Mike

Aquaman40:
I'll second that, I just dove with Christy a few weeks ago and all your dive needs will be met.
Mike

Wow, I haven't seen this post in quite a while! Anyway, we did sign up with Christi for Thanksgiving and we just can't wait! We've heard wonderful things about her dive op.
Also, thank you Sue-balips for the words about Palancar. My husband and I may use them the nights when we want to go night diving and Blue XTSea is not going.

Back
Top Bottom