Anyone joining the Vortex in Cabo on the 28th who could bring 2 HP hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

worst case even if the crimping on the hose is bad, you can see if there is an industrial hose supplier in the area that can recrimp it or just run two 28 inch spg hoses and bungee them down to the tank.

thanks, the latter is the fall back plan. I found a single 28" HP hose in a store earlier in the week, and I have another with me in my save-a-dive kit, so something'll work out.

but hoping it can just be rebuilt when I can get hold of some O2 compatible grease when the stores are open tomorrow

Remove the SPG from the hose. There should be one of three different spool types between the two parts that allows an air seal on the swiveling part. There are two very small o-rings on the spool (I think usually 003) that can be cleaned, lubricated, and/or replaced.

Good luck.

Problem now resolved, both hoses rebuilt, one was missing an o-ring (I guess it just crumbled away) the other was in pretty bad shape.

Total cost for the tech at Nautilus Dive Tech to fix both was $1 for the o-rings (obviously I tipped a little better than that)

Thank you again for your advice, obviously much appreciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom