Anyone interested in a "Tekvasion"???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be interested, and I know some of my students would be interested. We were just talking about trying to make a trip this weekend.

I've been following this thread just to see where it goes. I understand why some people wouldn't want people like me along, in that I'm doing my advanced nitrox and deco procedures right now, so I'd be a novice tech diver. Depending on where it goes, I'd certainly consider it.

I would be interested, and I know some of my students would be interested. We were just talking about trying to make a trip this weekend.

Have we settled on one or two locations?

Have we settled on one or two locations?
Beats me--I'm just voicing my potential participation in some trip of this kind somewhere.

I'd be interested in the trip - especially in Key Largo. Some of the less visited wrecks are tough to get on without enough people (Northern Lights, Queen of Nassau etc.) so this would be a great opportunity to hit them.

Cheers,
TB

A number of you may have read about our yearly ScubaBoard Invasion and now Surge events. We normally take over a place for a week for an intense time of diving and shenanigans. I've been to all of them and they've all been incredibly fun and I've made a number of friends along the way.

So, what about a Tekvasion? This would be a place to come together for a series of Tek Dives with maybe some deco reef dives interspersed to keep our bubbles down. Are you with me? Would you like to see something like this happen? If so, what would you like to see/do? Where would you like to go? What would be a deal breaker? Post here and if you're shy about that, shoot me a PM (conversation) and let me know what you're thinking. Maybe we can get a manufacturer or more to come along and let us try their gear?

Go for it! I'll join in anywhere, any time and with the variety of sites that the team suggests! GREAT IDEA!!

I'm interested and willing, but I'm just starting down the tech path. Posting a minimum skills requirement/level would be very helpful for somebody like me. It would not only help me assess where I currently am in my diving development but also give me some specific goals and a training path to pursue. While I probably would not be ready for the initial tech invasion, it would be motivating and helpful to have a specific course of training to plot in order to be able to participate in future tech trips. I like the idea!

You should consider coming up to Vortex Springs in December for the Mission:Tech day. It'll give you an opportunity to meet and talk with several tech instructors.

A number of you may have read about our yearly ScubaBoard Invasion and now Surge events. We normally take over a place for a week for an intense time of diving and shenanigans. I've been to all of them and they've all been incredibly fun and I've made a number of friends along the way.

So, what about a Tekvasion? This would be a place to come together for a series of Tek Dives with maybe some deco reef dives interspersed to keep our bubbles down. Are you with me? Would you like to see something like this happen? If so, what would you like to see/do? Where would you like to go? What would be a deal breaker? Post here and if you're shy about that, shoot me a PM (conversation) and let me know what you're thinking. Maybe we can get a manufacturer or more to come along and let us try their gear?

I think it is a great idea Chairman! Id be interested and StuartV could be too.

For me? I like to keep things within the budget. If I could avoid an airfare then my probability of being part of this would be greater. I would jot down a few ideas in the order of preference.

A) Deep Florida wreck trail: Vandy, Duane, Bibb, Eagle etc. Since you are from Florida, you may be able to fill this list better than I can.

B) St Lawrence wrecks. Trace is up there and if we could get a group then this can be another great option.

C) NC wrecks with Olympus: They occasionally run tech charters to deeper wrecks out of Morehead city.

D) If it comes to flying then Bonaire and Cozumel would have my vote. I often wondered what the Bonaire reefs would be like if you went deeper down the slopes. Never thought of Cozumel that way but now that people mentioned, I am curious.

Great idea! I will be following this post.

Regards,

CS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom