Anyone in the same situation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buy the plate&wing and ebay your current bcd.

My question is, why do you think you made a bad choice? Is it REALLY because the BC you bought can not do some diving function well or is it simply you have read too much of the BP/wing bologna that gets posted here and just think you made a bad choice. BP/wings get hyped a lot but a lot of it is just that - hype or half truths. With the exception of doubles, there is nothing it will do that any other BCs will not do. I am not saying it's a bad BC, far from it but it's not a diving wonder either. I dive everything from a BP/wing to no BC at all and swap around quite often. I can achieve neutral buoyancy and trim in any of them, it's all about diver skill and proper weighting, not a particular type of BC. Dive your BC a while, get use to it and then borrow a BP/wing -if you can find someone who will loan you one- and then do an objective test for yourself. As long as you are not "convinced" it will be much better when you start, odds are you will find what I did.....big deal, another back inflate BC. For what it's worth, I prefer back inflate BCs for normal diving, jackets for DMing classes and if I have a choice, no a BC at all.

Last edited:
This is why I strenuously try to convince people to buy the bp/w if they ever have any desire to ever go to tech diving or just really want to hone their skills with rec diving.

I love it when the Bp/w zealots imply that one can only "really hone their skills" with a bp/w. Is this intentional or just a mindset. Do you sit on a diveboat and pity those of us with lesser skills and equipment?

Just wondering.

On the equipment side, I wish I had forked over the money for an air integrated wrist computer with an electronic compass.

Back
Top Bottom