anyone here use steel tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a pair of E7-120s for tech diving (from double AL80s). Of course they are incredibly expensive compared to the 80s, but they hold 1.5 times the gas and they are barely bigger than the 80s. Further, I can get rid of a great deal of lead. My 80s were -4lbs negative when full while my steels are -21lbs. So basically no more lead for me! If you have more than one steel, they say you should have redundant bouyancy in case of a BC/Wing failure (dual bladder wing or drysuit). Shouldn't be an issue with just one steel. Anyway, here is a handy chart that somebody posted on The DecoStop Forum:

http://www.nitroxdiver.com/Tank-Specs.htm

Dave Bush
Titusville, FL

My first doubles were a Presteel (hope this is the right spelling) 104's and 90's. The only drawback I see is that you are excessively negative when you go deep on a wetsuit. And yes, on bladder failure in that depth . . . . I still have a couple to steels if you want to try them here in Solana. Tell me before hand. They are on singles though.

shugar:
i used steel tanks for the 1st time yesterday... apparently aquav uses steel...

Jag

yeah spoon, you've been diving Aquaventure for quite some time already right? They use steel tanks there (80s and 90s). If you did your pool session at Scubaworld, they also use steel tanks.

Axua:
yeah spoon, you've been diving Aquaventure for quite some time already right? They use steel tanks there (80s and 90s). If you did your pool session at Scubaworld, they also use steel tanks.

that explains why my bouyancy was off several times. all the while i thought i was using al tanks

Back
Top Bottom