Anyone here affiliated with Pro Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys.

Scott - I was a computer programmer. (I was close to getting para-rescue while at basic) I programmed wargames for the officer schools in Montgomry, AL. The job was awesome, the location sucked. I left in 97 to go ROTC. While down at Tyndall for summer training, I got a job offer making $48K. This was the equivillent of a Major in pay. I graduated as an honor grad but decided to punch out of ROTC, after I lost my chance to be a pilot ( was 6 mos too old) And the school I went to was garuanteed 2 slots... and they had NO applicants.... sheesh.

Anyway, it would be great to meet up with you. I lived in Okinawa from 1-3 yrs old when my Dad was stationed there. I would love to go back and see what it is like. I put that on my dreamsheet, but alas, they never needed a programmer with a TS clearance.

cnctina - No offense taken. The reason I said "career" is because a stipulation of the GI Bill is that the money can only be used for education or training that will lead to a career. I am a computer programmer still and work from home most of the time, so diving will just be an opportunity to teach something I love.

I'll be going to pro dive's idc in March. Maybe I'll see you there. :) The course is expensive as hell, I wished I could get some back up like you. But I'm going to teach like hell this summer so I can atleast pay for my IDC fee. (hopefully)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom