Anyone here affiliated with Pro Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calamari68

Registered
Reaction score
I just found them on the web. They offer the whole slew of courses and are able to accept the VA GI Bill. I have to spend $37,000 on approved courses by Jan 2007. Since I have had all the college I can stand, I want to spend the $$$ on something I will enjoy.

Of course I have to be working "towards a career" by VA standards to get the funding.

So I was thinking about heading down and doing all of the courses that apply.

My other options are to take flying lessons, or culinary school... Hmm, mix Scuba and Culinary (specializing in Sushi). Yeah that's the ticket! :wink:

Anyway, if anyone here has info about "Pro Dive", I greatly appreciate it. Or if anyone knows of other schools in the area that have the same training and VA acceptence.

Thanks,
Calamari68

Ive checked them out too. They seem to churn out a lot of dive pros. I say go for it. And thanks for your service.

I did my Instructor training, IDC, course with Pro Dive back in the early 90's and still dive with them every now and then. I used to dive with them all the time but my diving interests have turned more toward the deeper tech stuff and Pro Dive is mainly recreational. They are a great group of people with a friendly staff a nice facility and a very nice boat. They are one of the largest Instructor training centers in the US and have a great program. I did my IDC, MSDT and Resort Operations Training courses with them over a month or so and had a great time. I wouldn't have any problem recommending them to anyone that is interested in progressing up the ranks and is looking for a good time doing it. They also have a job placement service for new graduates if you're interested in looking for a job when you're finished.

Hope this helps and if you deside to come down this way drop me a PM or post something in the Conch Divers section while you are here so maybe we can all get together and get wet.

I have gone out diving with them several times and just completed my AOW with them. They are great.

Alex

I did my IDC/IE with Pro Dive in 2003 and used my GI Bill to help supplement the cost.

Be sure to contact the VA and get all the details on exactly how the program works and how they dispurse the funds.

The program that I used only gave you a monthly dispursement up to a maximum amount of like $400 while you were enrolled in an carreer training program; it did not actually pay for the courses outright.

Thanks everyone!

cnctina - Actually I put the money back into the program when I was in the USAF for 8 years. It is interest on my investment, not taxpayer dollars. I paid my own way for my 2 Bachelor degrees, and I don't want/need a masters. So I have this money I need to use.

jviehe - I appreciate your thanks! I had a great job in the AF and miss it sometimes. I wish I had put in my 20, but honestly, getting out was a great deal too.

padipro(scott) - I really appreciate your comments and saw your previous posts on diving outfits in the area. I thought you would respond to my inquiry. I think I will probably get more into tech at some point so if you know of a similar deal with another school that would be good to know too. I will definately post in here and pm you when I get down that way. I really enjoy this sport so far there is so much comraderie. There are some really great people here that make people feel at home.

alex - thanks for the post.

WetDawg, I will definately check into it soon. There is something now about compressed courses. So you now get a percentage ( I think 60%) of the total cost of the course. I look forward to it.

Thanks,
Calamari68 (Bill)

Calamari68:
Actually I put the money back into the program when I was in the USAF for 8 years.

...I had a great job in the AF and miss it sometimes. I wish I had put in my 20, but honestly, getting out was a great deal too.

I spent 10 years in the USAF before I got out, I miss it sometimes myself. What did you do? I worked Aircraft Maintenance. Fell in love with diving while I was stationed in Okinawa Japan.

Hope to get the chance to dive with you if you get down this way.

Bill
Just a note,I dont care if its my tax dollars or not thanks for your 8 years to keep our _ss's SAFE!
you go dude! be safe, have fun! and well Thanks,:usa:
and thanks to all our vet's!
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom