Anyone heading to Sorong/ Raja Ampat in the next couple of weeks? Huge favor needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teneicm

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all-

Anyone heading to Sorong and the Raja Ampat area in the near future? If so would you be willing to do a favor for me and my family? We have been living on our sailboat for the past 5 years and are currently in Sorong, Indonesia. A local mechanic was working on our diesel generator and managed to short out the control board that regulates the voltage. It's has turned out to be impossible to find a spare part locally and we'll need to order from the States. Unfortunately Indonesia is world renowned for its bureaucracy and it is almost impossible to import a small part. The favor would be to have the part shipped directly to you and for you to bring it with you to Sorong where we would meet you. It's a small part- about the size of 2 decks of playing cards laying side by side.

I know its a lot to ask and would be willing to Skype with anyone that has questions so we could show that we're on the level and not trying to pull anything. You can also check out our website below!

Cheers- Matt

SV Perry
www.svperry.com

Hi Matt

PM me. I have to check on our plans though. FYI, currently we are in Singapore.

Best, Charlie

Matador- What if I get the part overnighted via FedEx to your location?

Ah, being in the UK is a problem. Probably could get it to you in time if it were just a document, but as a part it would probably have to go through customs and that takes more time. Thanks for the offer though, really do appreciate it. Which live aboard are you using? There's probably 20 anchored off of town right now!

Dec. 21 coming from Canada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom