Anyone having problems Syncing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmm Having troubles with the connect to UEMIS.

Logged into MYUEMIS no problem.

Fired up the java page from the SDA but...........

the connect button is doing nothing and I can't sync.

Same thing happening to my wifes SDA on her laptop so cant be just me?!?!?

Anyone else having problem or can someone confirm that they can still connect and sync??

How very annoying - I'm hitting the same problem. The uemis synced exactly once (with the demo dive) and now that I'm trying to sync again it just sits there and does nothing :-(

HELP!

How very annoying - I'm hitting the same problem. The uemis synced exactly once (with the demo dive) and now that I'm trying to sync again it just sits there and does nothing :-(

HELP!

And just to reply to myself - it seems that I CAN in fact sync if I go back to the computer that I used to sync the very first time (iMac/chrome). But if I try to use my laptop (either with Win7/ie9 or Linux/chrome or Linux/Firefox) it fails as described.

That's very frustrating as I am not going to take the 27" iMac on the dive trip with me... :depressed:

Hi,

I'd suggest checking java on IE9. Java is no longer fully included with Windows products after a court case.

Go to JAVA DOWNLOAD and download/install it. See if that helps.

You may also be getting a security warning about the file you're trying to run which can be "OK'ed" but the problem is most likely the java.

Hope that helps!

Hi,

I'd suggest checking java on IE9. Java is no longer fully included with Windows products after a court case.

Go to JAVA DOWNLOAD and download/install it. See if that helps.

You may also be getting a security warning about the file you're trying to run which can be "OK'ed" but the problem is most likely the java.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the response. Let's just say I'm a computer geek and have been a software developer for more than 20 years. So I am reasonably certain that my Java setup is fully functional. The SDASync App starts but then doesn't connect successfully to the uemis server from what I can tell.

I guess I'll have to run this through a tracing proxy to see the traffic to the uemis server to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks for the response. Let's just say I'm a computer geek and have been a software developer for more than 20 years. So I am reasonably certain that my Java setup is fully functional. The SDASync App starts but then doesn't connect successfully to the uemis server from what I can tell.

I guess I'll have to run this through a tracing proxy to see the traffic to the uemis server to figure out what's wrong.

Have you tried Windows via Bootcamp with your iMac? You may also want to try your laptop with Win7/Safari. Just a couple of other things you could try.

Ron

Sad to say but I am a network, systems geek as well...........

Check the log file mentioned earlier in the thread for details of where the error occurs.

Alternatively lodge a support ticket, they've always been very quick to reply and help resolve issues.

I'll check mine tonight as I have a big dive to download

/raises hand for the network geek role call
Works fine for me atm.

No disrespect intended, but doublecheck your Java installation. So far mine worked fine on any Java-enabled platform, provided Java was working properly. The more tech savvy the end-user, the more likely (s)he's to claim there's no problem on their side. I know, I'm guilty of that myself :D.

/raises hand for the network geek role call
Works fine for me atm.

No disrespect intended, but doublecheck your Java installation. So far mine worked fine on any Java-enabled platform, provided Java was working properly. The more tech savvy the end-user, the more likely (s)he's to claim there's no problem on their side. I know, I'm guilty of that myself :D.

This reminded me of the joke about the network engineer at the rifle range. Try as hard as he might, he could not hit the target. He decided to put his finger over the end of the barrel and pulled the trigger, blowing the tip of his finger off in the process. He said, "It works fine on my end, the problem must at the target".

Ron

... I am reasonably certain that my Java setup is fully functional. The SDASync App starts but then doesn't connect successfully to the uemis server from what I can tell.

Actually, it was the log of the Java app that gave it away. For security reasons I mount unknown filesystems from USB with restricted permissions - and the java app actually wants to write a file to the mounted filesystem of the SDA and silently fails when this doesn't work.

So if you can't synchronize, check if you can create a small file on the drive that contains the SyncSDA.html file.

Anyway - works now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom