Anyone have any UW HD video from the G-12 or S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the first video. Shot in Auto White Balance.

YouTube - Oregon wreck dive

Sorry if it's a bit boring...my first time. Gets a bit more interesting around minute 4.

thanks for posting------good video definition.......

I just have the S90, and therefore no HD video, but, I can tell you that you NEED to manually white balance the video, else it is going to turn out really crappy...

when I learned that they could manual white balance in video, I was sooo happy and the videos started turning out amazing!

manual white balance FTW... you can usually get away with anything white, black or grey even, I white balance using my Cressi Gara Pro free diving fins... (grey/black)

Yeah, we were on kind of a tight timeline for our dive plan, so didn't have time to white balance.

I suggest you set the shortcut button to manual white balance - with this (and my grey fin), it literally takes half a second to white balance...

I suggest you set the shortcut button to manual white balance - with this (and my grey fin), it literally takes half a second to white balance...

thats handy to do as its a lot of flaffing MWB on my [now terminally till f31] so, altho ive tried doing more manual settings ive often just stuck with underwater, so if the s95 has shortcut button this will just make life so much easier:cool2:

It's not HD, but here's an example of manual white balance versus auto white balance in the S90 video mode... Although I have an external strobe for photos, there is no additional light source for these. The camera is in a Canon housing with an Inon UWL-100 28AD lens...

(FYI, the couple in the videos are my friends on a Discover Scuba, the other girl is my wife who is an instructor with me)

Manual white balance:
YouTube - Sharptail eel very interested in camera!

Auto:
YouTube - Southern Stingray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom