Anyone have an O'Neil Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jendive:
Thank you all for your replies... To answer a few questions... The seller is letting me try the suit so I guess I am looking for wear and tear and most importantly if the seals fit? They should be very very snug correct?

I'm not sure what year it is but she said she's only worn it 3 or 4 times. She is asking $400. If there really are ones for $500 then it may be worth just getting it new???

Jen

They should be snug, but not "very very". Too tight and you'll be unhappy. Too loose and you'll be unhappy ... for a different reason.

Considering the age and the $$$ she wants I suggest shopping for a new suit.

Thank you all for your replies! I think I'll go try it on just to see how the sizing goes.. Maybe I'll offer her less $$ and see how that goes :wink:

Anyone in San Diego, CA and wants to dive, ping me :)

jendive:
Thank you all for your replies... To answer a few questions... The seller is letting me try the suit so I guess I am looking for wear and tear and most importantly if the seals fit? They should be very very snug correct?

I'm not sure what year it is but she said she's only worn it 3 or 4 times. She is asking $400. If there really are ones for $500 then it may be worth just getting it new???

Jen

When I had my zipper replaced last year - the shop doing the work had the suit on the rack for $500 brand new. I would not pay $400 for a 7 year old suit. I think Tom is closer to a fair price for it at $275.

The link you provided below is the latest model.

--Matt

$250-$275 is in the ballpark.

I bought a used O'Neil for my spouse last summer and paid $275 for a very lightly used (dove once) suit in like new condition.

My buddy gave me his old Oneil suit. I called it the aqua seal suit because it was full of aquaseal. It kept springing small leaks more like seeps thru the stiching as time went on. The zipper eventually gave way. 7 years was the lifespan of this suit. The neoprene neck seal also tore and when glued, ripped in a different place each time.

Neoprenes have a tendency to develop small leaks or water seeps ?
I dont know but this one did; it was the 7000 model.

The clown boots were so big I could actually use snowmobile boot liners as sock talk about toasty warm feet.

Other than that, I liked it. I've seen them for $300 brand new and henderson has an identical suit to this one and one other OEM also has an identical suit to this one.

Yikes! I guess I should shop around for a new one then! I just don't know where to look... most dive shops around here carry DUI, haven't seen O'Neill much...

jendive:
Yikes! I guess I should shop around for a new one then! I just don't know where to look... most dive shops around here carry DUI, haven't seen O'Neill much...

Atlan plays in the same arena
http://www.atlaninc.com/docs/drysuit.html
I have the Sport Model, paid $500. new

Contact them for a local dealer.

Pete

Well it would be good to know why the previous owner got rid of the suit or is it a rental suit. I could put up with small leaks in a drysuit with a polyproplene and thinsulate undergarment. Major leaks are downright dangerous. Its a shame they wont let you do a few dives in the suit or rent it to you for a weekend to try out then I would offer $200 if the zipper and boots and seals are intact.

Back
Top Bottom