Anyone have a vis report for Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Rob:

Last Saturday, it was pea soup in Monterey. At the Breakwater, I could see the tips of my fins but not much further. There was a fair amount of surge but the water was "warm," at 55 degrees. Hopefully, the conditions change because that certainly wasn't worth the drive. Should have brought my bicycle instead of the scuba gear.

At least I got to see the $300 million yacht owned by the Russian billionaire.

Claude

It has been sunny and warm here topside and today is another sunny day. I just walked across the street to Lovers and the water looks green and murky. There is a bacteria warning sign posted at the top of the stairs at Lovers warning people to stay out of the water...

:fear: Sorry :fear:

I had a couple of guys come back from Lobos yesterday and report 30'-35' on Middle Reef for their first dive, then a warm 20' on the second dive at the same spot. Up until today the winds were coming NNW, which could geneerate upwelling, except the winds have been too weak to do much good. Today it switched around to SSE, which is NOT the right answer. Bluntly put, I don't see any hope on the horizon...yet.

Bruce

Breakwaters and Del Monte were as bad as it can get past weekend - 2feet during day and maybe (really maybe) 10 feet during night.

jotho is at Lobos today counting fish, send him PM - he can give you more accurate report

I called glenns aquarius, they said 5' vis today and the nettles just came back in = no night diving tonight :(.

Lovers Point: Sat.8/29 Zero to 2 feet vis Bacteria high
Breakwater: Sun: 8/30 Zero to 8 feet vis
Pt. Lobos: Mon: 8/31 3 to 10 feet vis 40 feet, 60+ feet 8+ vis

Algae blooms and bacteria high and low water movement

Lovers Point: Sat.8/29 Zero to 2 feet vis Bacteria high
Breakwater: Sun: 8/30 Zero to 8 feet vis
Pt. Lobos: Mon: 8/31 3 to 10 feet vis 40 feet, 60+ feet 8+ vis

Algae blooms and bacteria high and low water movement

Sounds inspiring ;(

Back
Top Bottom