Anyone have a diagram for weight belt buckle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
I still don't see why this is difficult. :confused:

I think people just want to make sure they are doing it so that the weight belt does not come undone while at depth. It was frustrating for me too, since my XS Scuba plastic belt buckle did not allow the heavy duty webbing of the belt to be threaded like the first example above. It has to be threaded like the second example. I am still not sure if that is best, but plan to change to a SS buckle to see if it will allow me to thread it differently.

I don't think it's a stupid question or an obvious method. The photos above are the 4th method I've seen and I hadn't seen that one until now. One I've seen was barely adequate and a method used by many divers.

Good for asking, Tim.

rico68:
I don't think it's a stupid question or an obvious method. The photos above are the 4th method I've seen and I hadn't seen that one until now. One I've seen was barely adequate and a method used by many divers.

Good for asking, Tim.

Sure thing.. I have mine threaded right now a different way.. It works but I like the method in the pics.. Ill take some pics of my buckle now so everyone can see why I asked the question..:(

Square_Knot.jpg

Okay, so I couldn't resist. :wink:

Ron

Depending on the buckle and where the slots are...

buckle_front.jpg

buckle_back.jpg

Roak

Butch103:
My only question is where the is your instructor or LDS who sold you your gear?? They should have showed you this!

First of all I will say on my own behalf that even if somebody showed me how I would not remember the exact procedure. As it was I made a sketch the first times I took mine apart for configuration changes. After a while it becomes second nature like a lot of things.

Second I have picked up various buckles along the way and they are not all the same. Once you understand one you can figure out how to make the others do what they need to do.

If you don't know you are better off asking.

Pete

I think its great that you asked the questions. Thats how we learn. Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Keep on asking, and keep on learning

SparticleBrane:
I still don't see why this is difficult. :confused:
Maybe we should have a place in the profile for SAT scores or college GPA. That would save people the trouble of always having to demonstrate how much smarter they are.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Seriously, if you can't figure out how to thread a weight belt buckle....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom