Anyone good at Photoshop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craigus once bubbled...
Photoshop's a powerful program, but even it has its limitations. I s'pose you could hand color them. Eric :tree: :tree: :tree: [/B]

Nay, the only limitation of photoshop (or gimp) is human patience :)
... and a lot depends on personal perception of a "great shot" (btw., I liked the original's greenish hue)

Anyway

original

rw1.jpg

and photoshopped

railway1_khel.sized.jpg

khel

To answer some questions...

I've got an old UMAX 610S scanner and I scanned them in at 300dpi figuring if I wanted to play with the images at all I would need a high dpi. Its just a flatbed so I scanned in the developed pics. I believe the speed of the film was 400 but it was costco film and I believe the development was done by the same costco shop... not the best but I was surpised at what turned out as I wasn't expecting much.

Blacknet I like your comments, that's what I was thinking too as I have one of the pics as my desktop in XP and when I shutdown it fades to B/W which I thought looked good.

What did everyone do? Was it one of those auto-level things or did you play around with the curves and stuff?

Thanks again!!! :)

I don't know about the rest, but I don't use autolevels a lot. Though I try it on almost every picture, but most of the time, not being satisfied, I play with Levels/Curves (depending on a mood :), color balance and some filters. Usually - that's more than enough, but on special ocasions - I can spend hours using everything possible.

khel

Can anyone explain *how* they made some of these changes? The auto levels look terrible...I tried messing with other things and didn't have good results. Is there a methodology to getting things to look good?

Thanks much.

If you are quite good with ph6, then no, but if you are a noob to mid level, then yes, it makes some of the tasks a bit easier and faster.

khel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom