Anyone good at Photoshop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ruu,

damned tripod eh.
I just tried attaching the file here but it wouldn't let as it says the 900K ZIP file is too large... DOH!!! If you like you can PM me your email address and I can send it there, or if you have another location on the web somewhere I can try to upload it there.

Thanks...

The setup was a Bionica - forget which model - but a lower end one. It has a basic(I mean real basic) 35mm auto camera in a housing.
This was my first time actually using it on a dive, the depth was less than 20feet so I didn't bring the strobe along. The bad part was during the dives I noticed the flash was going off which I thought would be fine, but in my housing I have a piece of metal which directs the flash up into the strobe and I forgot to take this off... :rolleyes:

Me, too. Tripod won't allow it.

boney,

Interesting. I assume you have a film scanner right?

Ed

Hello,

As everyone is well aware I prefer b/w over color images. While looking thru these I felt this enviroment is idea for b/w work.

Some feedback on the images as I post them.

railway11.jpg

I like where this one is going but it's a background looking for a subject. Wrecks can be very boring structures indeed and finding good subjects can be difficult as well.

next
railway10.jpg

This one almost seemed like there was some issues with development, one of the others also gave me that impression.

next
railway4.jpg

Now this is interesting. We have a good backdorp and we have full shadowing of a potential subject. This is why wide angle lens is almost a must on wrecks. I'm guessing here but I suspect parallax

next
railway1.jpg

This one has good potential indeed. I like the layout but not the exposure.

next
railway7.jpg

I think this is the best one. the biggest problem I found was motion blur.

The background looking for a subject is a very hard obsticle to overcome for most. It just takes practice and lots of patience. Study of the masters will teach you this, but you have to look closely at the work to understand how you can do it.

Everyone seemed to have some type of development issue as well and I can't pinpoint the reason. It would be curious to know the film used, what development and what scanner was used.

Overall I would say there's great potential.

Ed

My version of my 2 favorites....

Original
rw1.jpg

Photoshopped
railway1.jpg

Original
rw4.jpg

Photoshopped
railway4.jpg

Its funny, but the two that I picked were the same as Detonate did, and I did more or less exactly the same colour balance. Ah well - I'll pick another one. The top image above looks really funny if you turn up the yellow saturation - like someone has been hunting predators ("If it bleeds we can kill it"). Ah well - its been a long day - its good to know I've done something to benefit humanity...

Dave

Boney: I worked on a couple, but don't think I can resurrect any sort of quality image. Photoshop's a powerful program, but even it has its limitations. I s'pose you could hand color them. Eric :tree: :tree: :tree:

Boney...Mine looked just like Detonates side by side. Other than making it B&W that's the only option I see. I think it looks pretty good, considering!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom