Anyone good at Photoshop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I read a bunch of articles on the forum and tried to "enhance" some of my pics but I don't really have a good eye for that sort of thing. I just ended up making them worse... :confused:
Does anyone want to give it a go???
Just let me know and I can setup a link to them...

Thanks...

I'll take a shot at it. I'm using PS Elements and am still learning but I've gotten good results most ofthe time.

a good "quick fix" is to open the photo for editing then press Shift+Ctrl+L

It's called auto levels and it can sometimes make the world of difference, particularly on badly exposed / lifeless/colourless pics.

But that's about all I know!! :D

boney once bubbled...
I read a bunch of articles on the forum and tried to "enhance" some of my pics but I don't really have a good eye for that sort of thing. I just ended up making them worse... :confused:
Does anyone want to give it a go???
Just let me know and I can setup a link to them...

Thanks...
I'll give it a go, sent me the link.

Woohoo - its the enhancement challenge. Maybe we can all post an attempt at enhancing an image. My strengths are tied towards the gimp right now, but I'll give it a go if you post the image here / send it to me.

Dave

Ruu once bubbled...
My strengths are tied towards the gimp right now....B]

Who you callin' a gimp???:D :D :D I'm learnin' this stuff as fast as I can!

Holy fast responses Batman! :wacko:
I had originally scanned them in at 300dpi but the bitmaps turned out to be 8MB a piece. I have converted them to JPEG format, and zipped them up. The ones entitled railway are from Lake Simcoe (Ontario)at Jackson's point and are of the marine railway.
The other called wreck are from the same day but we were attempting to find a wreck that was said to be there on our 2nd dive.

They can be downloaded at http://hmandoda.tripod.com/jacksonspt.zip

Thanks a bunch!!!!!:D

For those of you that have never heard of the gimp, it is the Gnu Image Manipulation Program (http://www.gimp.org/). It's freely available, although it is probably a pig to install under windows - I'm using it under Solaris right now. It certainly rivals Photoshop in many areas, and has some fun filters and scripting for the bored. I've spent a whole 30 seconds messing with this toadfish image, which is not great and turns out a little better with some playing. It's never going to be a great picture, but you get the idea.

Dave

Tripod's telling me I'm not allowed to download that file...

Dave

Copy and paste the link into a new browser window and it should work....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom