Anyone gone diving in La Union lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to get on a tangent or off topic, but when I clicked on the Ocen Deep link from Auxa I noticed Ocean Deep has a shop in the Camotes, near Cebu, as well. Does anyone know what the diving is like there?

i've been invited to dive in camotes island by johnny's fun n dive. they also operate from camiguin. he said there's a site there with lots of flashlight fishes.

I have tried reaching Tim at the email address he has on his website. For some reason I have not gotten a reply. Does anybody have a way of getting through to Tim. Might be interested in doing some diving there at Ocean Deep.

andibk

I will be in Baguio for a few weeks end of January, and will be free the week-end of January 30-31. I am hoping to get some good diving in that week-end. :wink: My understanding is that La Union is the best diving near to Baguio, is that right?

I tried e-mailing Ocean Deep, but the e-mail bounced back. Are they still in business? Any recommendations for this dive shop, or any other? Also any recommendation for a nice place to stay, close to diving? I don't mind paying a bit more for whatever is the best available.

Yes!! Andi there are a couple deep wrecks in Bo Dariagos (spelling) which is a short distance N. of San Fernando, La Union. Tim reports that depth is approx 75M and apparently one of them is a Sea plane carrier, or so he sais.......I've been itching to get up there and dive these sites but we can never seem to nail down a good size support vessel to dive from. Just about all the boats around there are local bancas and as you can imagine are not very seaworthy with large amounts of tech gear. Tim and Johans have gps numbers for these wrecks. If your interested in doing in near future lets see if we can organize an expedition there you can pm me at <stvbrit@yahoo.com>
Safe Diving

You can try posting in Diversions. I asked about diving in 100 islands and La union before, Tim was one of the guys that replied.

He said they have pretty good tech sites, i think a tank at 30-40m.

What or where is diversions?

Tim at Ocean Deep is the only place I could find on the internet for the La Union area. I have been in touch with him, his shop seems fine, so I guess I will go with him. (My first e-mail bounced back, but when I tried the other e-mail, he replied promptly).

I am still a bit curious if there are other dive ops in the area. If not, why not? Perhaps La Union isn't such a great area?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom