Anyone gona be @ Vortex tomorrow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hope you had a good time at Vortex... there's a few guys in the Panhandle
that dive Vortex at times

maybe you can hook up with them next time

We got there around lunch time Friday and it was beautiful. Sunny, warm, light breeze. Saturday am was nice, a little foggy. Impending doom was looming as thunderstorms and a tornado warning was issued in the afternoon. Listening to the radio driving home was more like listening to a constant National Weather Service radio broadcast. We had a great time and actually got before the weather got nasty. Leo.

Glad you had fun, sounds like you got out before the fit hit the shan, we had tornado watches/warnings all the way into Sunday evening. One touched down a few miles from my house around 2:30AM Sun morning stirring my dogs up - in turn keeping me up. I was suprised that the hail didn't come through the window.

I was there night diving Friday night. Sorry I missed you. We really hadn't planned to dive it, but a friend had a student she needed to take on a dive to finish a specialty and as a last resort she chose Vortex. I decided to tag along. Was it crowded Saturday? There really were not a whole lot of people Friday maybe 2 more sets of divers. They were feeding the eels cheese wiz on the platform, which was quite a show. I saw the largest freshwater eel I had ever seen that night! If you get back down this way give a shout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom