Anyone get to see the Lemon Sharks of Palm Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:10: Greetings from Port St. Lucie, Florida. Who :diver: dives in Palm Beach??? Anyone get to see the Lemon sharks in the winter months?

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

:D

Dot Wethington:
:10: Greetings from Port St. Lucie, Florida. Who :diver: dives in Palm Beach??? Anyone get to see the Lemon sharks in the winter months?

I love diving under the Blue Herron bridge with my kids. It's a nice easy dive with lots to see. I went last weekend, and we had a good 40-50' vis. That's rare for the bridge. My 15 yr old got a good education on slowing down and looking into every hole.

I'll be down there next weekend. We're doing a reef cleanup with Pura Vida, and then we're going to do a cleanup at the bridge. I'm taking my 12 yr old. She's really looking forward to it.

Al

Dot Wethington:

I dove with them in Jan for 25min. After about 20min they showed up on the outside of the reef in the sandy area. We went closer and they seemed to move on, but since they were going with the current we swam after them. After a while they stoped and circled, we stoped as well, dropped down to the bottom and watched. Sharks as far as you could see, at least 50 insight probably more in the group. This repeated it self for about 7 to 8 times when we had to leave due to bottom time and air. We had then done 45min+ at ~85ft.

This was the most awesome dive I have done. And we did it out of West Palm and not Jupiter. Force-E chartered the whole boat for two days (two separate weekends) to do shark dives. They do these things now and then. Sign-up for their newsletter, E-club, on their website (www.force-e.com) if you want to have a chance to get to go, this shark trip sold out with in the hour after they announced it in their email.

Can't wait for next year to try it again. I doubt I will be as lucky a second time.

--A

That's great, I want to see them so bad and find out what the heck they are all doing together. It's something Discovery Channel needs to find out about.

Dot Wethington:

Greetings fellow Port St. Lucian , I went out in search for them the last part of December, they were a no show :( , the dive charter said they had several days of spottings (Jupiter)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom