Anyone from the greater Lansing area?? Need LDS info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be careful there!

The fisherman may take you as a moving target!

Has ZZ moved yet? When I stopped in their shop in February they said that they were going to be moving to old town.

No. ZZs is still in the same location. If they are planning on moving I don't know about it yet, but I'll get clarification when I go back on Monday.

ZZ's is going to move but don't worry they're not going far. Just up to Old Town (maybe 2-1/2 miles NW).

Lake Interstate is shallow (17' is the deepest we found but supposedly we didn't find the deepest hole), it gets relatively warm, and vis was pretty good when we were there last spring. But yes, on weekends, definitely look up as you surface so you don't bump into a rowboat. I don't think gas motors are allowed though. Right, MSU ? Major plus : IT'S CLOSE BY.

Have you guys ever thought of diving the Red Cedar through campus?

I have been doing a lot of river exploring and can remember all of the stuff that I saw going into the river while I was attending. Probably more bikes than anything. Lots of stolen stuff gets dumped there. For some reason a lot of "break up" items got dumped there also, rings, etc.

TBM: I wouldn't dive the Red Cedar through campus plus I don't think its very deep (maybe more of a crawl through it). The city of Lansing is still working out there combined sewer seperation and I believe the sewage plant will still over flow into it after a big rain. Might possibly be some "Make up" items also (no that wasn't a clear leach with nubs on one end).

Boat: They don't allow motors on that lake. It was pretty fun surfacing and telling the guys on the dock where the fish were!!!! I hope that one dud still isn't camping out on the back shores of it still, that dude was creepy.

MSU,

So are you ready to go ? I've got two fresh, full tanks in the garage.

I think the treatment plant is downstream from campus but it's scary what you might find in that river. Actually, I agree that it's too shallow, unless there's a hole somewhere that we don't know about.

Hi Minnow.

Classes are going well. Originally had two pool sessions scheduled for this week but only completed the one on Tuesday evening due to my instructor hurting his back doing some landscaping last weekend. So we rescheduled to have our last two pool sessions next Tues and Wed, and then our classroom final on Thursday. It's going to be a busy week. Our OW checkout dives are at Gilboa on June 14th, 15th. After that I'll be good to go!

I'm hoping to have my full rig purchased and ready to go when I come back from visiting my bro in CT in early July.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom