Anyone familiar with Moby Drysuits? + some questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And you think puttering around in a 5m wetsuit, on a 100 dg day makes sense.

The underwear I made is a light "farmer john" and a long sleave pullover. All real light and easy to get on and off. Not the heavy bulky stuff. The "polar tech" stuff is more like a T-shirt then sweats. (check Malden Mills) The front loading dry suit is real easy to get on and off the top half. Then pull off the shirt.

I found a Dry Suit Specialty class thru SSI where I had a short class room, a pool sesion, two dives in 51 dg water and included the dry suit rental for $130. The pool will be hot, find a way to try it in the lakes. You'll buy if you do.

good luck don O

I always feel like a dweeb showing up at the beach wearing long undies & three layers of fleece, but once you get a system down you'll be fine. Especially if you get the undergarment. Some of my buddies just wear a pair of shorts underneath the undergarmet. When they hop out of their suit it's summer again!

-kate

I still like the idea of being comfortable underwater. Also I think the drysuit may be easier topside than a 5mm - I just haven't tried it and don't know yet. I'm also having a hard time finding a 5mm. Everyone has 6.5's and 7mm, but say they have to order a 5mm. The only other hesitation I have is the amount of weight I'll need. Again I don't know if it's more than I'd need with a 5mm, or from the looks of it a 6.5mm.

We'll see! (I'm also going to try a 6.5mm Farmer John)

Hey Des,

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. For diving PK and Clear Springs I will probably end up with either the 6.5mm or the 7mm. I just don't think the 5mm is going to be enough.

Where are you going to be testing that drysuit Wednesday?

Let us know how it goes.

Des,

E-mail Marc Thompson (mbt@ticnet.com) with your question. He is very versed in the Mobby's and others and will provide you with some good intel.

--Mike

Heres a drysuit, If you are interested for only 200 dollars, and its harly been used...We live in texas too, and we are moving. we have all this stuff that we wont need and the drysuit is one of them. It has the boots and all. If your interested call us at 409-599-3949 or email us at darren_sisino@hotmail.com thanks!

You would be better off posting this on the trader section. This thread is four years old. He already got a drysuit.

Welcome to the boards. :biggrin:

TwoBit

Back
Top Bottom