Anyone ever use Scuba Quest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeachJunkie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello again.

I've been down here in FL for almost two weeks now and have been trying to go diving the whole time. So far, no luck. I don't have the equipment to meet up with someone and go shore diving or whatever (just brought the basics. No BC, regs or tanks) so I've been forced to try and get hooked up with a charter. Between the weather and the holiday's it has proved to be damn near impossible. I was looking around on the internet yesterday and saw that Scuba Quest has a daily 2-tank that goes out every day from Cortez. Thats about an hour from where I'm at now. I'm willing to travel that far if it will actually get me diving. Has anyone ever dove on this charter or have a suggestion on another to try? I checked out Florida West Scuba and the only thing they're doing is shark tooth dives. While that would be great, I've been diving cold ass quarries with low vis since I got certified and would like to do somethin a little nicer. So thats kind of out of the question. Anyone who might have input I'm all ears. I'm free from this sunday till jan 4... maybe the 5th. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sorry, I stick around the "right" coast.....Haven't been over to the gulf yet.

Honestly winter diving in the gulf is hit and miss...you are better off driving to the east coast Jupiter or West Palm Beach they have daily charters.

Cheers.

-J.-

I've been on the Conch Quest a few times. It's a very wet boat that when the seas are right its a fun to ride out on. There are not many sites on the FL Westcoast where they are located, so the favorites are M1 through M10. If you just wana dive, it'll do the trick.

Where are you at now is the question, buddy :)

I have gone with ScubaQuest many times, I did my open water at the Tampa Scuba Quest, I have dove with ScubaQuest Sarasota several times and enjoyed everytime (but I all ways have fun), and I have dove with Scuba Quest West Palm as well. Go have some fun man your vacation is almost over :wink:
Be safe
Kim P

Talk to Jim or Julie at Fantasea (941) 627-3888. They have a charter that runs out of Placida (right next to the Boca Grande causeway). The shop is in Port Charlotte.

I haven't chartered with them since the original charter owner died back in July, but in the past they have always been a class operation (spair time).

Where are you at now is the question, buddy :)

I'm on Manasota Key right now. I tried to do some diving while I was on the east coast side but due to family constraints I wasn't able to get away. Its also the reason I can't go back over to the other side. I kinda have to keep it local. The lady friend has a tight grip on the reigns.

Thanks for the info on FantaSea. I'll give them a call. Hopefully the weather plays nice and I get to go out at least once before I head back to afghanistan. Thanks for the suggestions. i'll let you know how it works out!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom