Anyone ever use a Veo 200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wabelita

Reaction score
Going to look at a Veo 200 tomorrow. Has anyone used one? I am still deciding on either the Veo 200 or Versa Pro. I think the Veo is a new model from Oceanic. It’s cheaper and smaller.

-Wayne

I have a Veo 100 that I got just to get out of tables and because it will be a little while before I go into Nitrox. I have used it on four dives, and find it helpful...

Easy to read
Easy to control
Not confusing (I mean, this is the base model)
One button = very nearly idiot-proof
Auto-countdown at 10-20 feet for safety stop

I suppose the downsides are that it only holds 12 dives in the log mode and that it's just not nearly as sexy as the others out there. But it was so well-priced, and all I need it for is timing, really, so I am a happy customer.

A good thing is that it's that "hockey-puck" design from Oceanic so you can slip it into a console with an Oceanic SPG and have no worries. You can also get a cheap wrist-boot if you want to streamline or whatever they call it. The module is small, but the information is clear -- I've easily read it in the Gulf at 80 feet when vis was about 20'.

I meant to say that the auto-countdown for the safety stop is NOT accompanied by beeps. There are no noises from the Veo 100, which is one of the reasons I bought it.
Someone on this board last month wrote "if something beeps at me underwater, I will smash it with a hammer." That's a paraphrase, but it still tickles me.

I just bought a Veo 200 and only dove with it a few times but have been very happy with it. It is very easy to read underwater and not that complicated to learn. It can be consel mounted or on the wrist (which I'm using). I basically does everything for you from the miute you enter the water, to counting down a safety stop at 20ft, to counting surface interval. The only negative I have noticed is the audible alerts are a little soft underwater but it does have flashing also. You can't beat the price, I paid right around $200 for mine.

You're right, the Veo200 is newer than the Versa Pro, buy about 6 months. Oceanic came out with the Versa and the Versa Pro, it was bigger and had it's own boot, so people that had a Data 100 and other "hockey puck" computers had to buy the whole thing again rather than just upgrade to a new computer for their existing boot. I think Oceanic figured this out real fast and came out with the Veo 100 and 200 - back to the hockey puck design. The guts are the same, the look is different between the Versas and the Veos. For a basic computer, you can't beat em.

i just bought the veo 200. It is cheap and does everything i need it to do, for me it was important to have gauge mode.
It is a very good basic air/nitrox computer. if you ignore the automatic countdown at the 15 ft safety stop it will not penalize you which is a good thing since i dont do it that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom