Anyone ever try to dye their suit a different color?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertcrockett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Crazy question but I have a 3mm Summer suit with some small yellow highlights while all the rest of my gear is either red or blue. Just wondering but has anyone ever tried to change the color of a wet suit they owned. Perhaps with a dye..or a sharpie, etc... Its not a huge issue just trying to sort through the possibilities and curious about any of your successes or failures.

Crazy question but I have a 3mm Summer suit with some small yellow highlights while all the rest of my gear is either red or blue. Just wondering but has anyone ever tried to change the color of a wet suit they owned. Perhaps with a dye..or a sharpie, etc... Its not a huge issue just trying to sort through the possibilities and curious about any of your successes or failures.

Not quite what you asked for, but perhaps this thread may be of some help:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/64845-stupid-wetsuit-tricks-airbrushing-wetsuit.html

My wetsuits are all black with blue trim. I'm working on dyeing them gray with help from sunlight and saltwater. :wink:

My wetsuits are all black with blue trim. I'm working on dyeing them gray with help from sunlight and saltwater. :wink:

Chlorine from a pool might work faster. :wink:

Yellow on the inside or outside?

:D

I would suggest using Easter Egg die! Let me know how it goes, or better yet, post a photo after your fist dive with it! :D

Seriously, you could try some permanent water proof die. Keep in mind if you mix yellow with pink, I think you get orange. Tape off the area's you want to die. Personally I don't see the point, but you can try.

Thanks for all the responses, it seems that airbrushing would work well if u wanted to change solid highlighted areas etc. I am not really overly concerned with the yellow areas of color on the wetsuit, my BC has blue highlights so does my Z2X and my mask and fins are red, so im kinda like a scuba circus already. It was one of those "Hey, I wonder!" moments that intrigued me about coloring neoprene.

Thanks for all the responses, it seems that airbrushing would work well if u wanted to change solid highlighted areas etc. I am not really overly concerned with the yellow areas of color on the wetsuit, my BC has blue highlights so does my Z2X and my mask and fins are red, so im kinda like a scuba circus already. It was one of those "Hey, I wonder!" moments that intrigued me about coloring neoprene.

You might also enjoy this forum: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dork-divers/

A fun group of divers who like to make a statement with a variety of color in their gear.

Back
Top Bottom