Anyone ever dive with AKA divers in Tavernier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icker96

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for a dive operator in Tavernier, and while I have heard great things about Conch Republic, we are interested in going out with 24 people on a boat. Looks like AKA runs a 6-pack but I have not heard anything about them.

My wife and I went out with them two weeks ago and several other ops first days was with aka second day was sailfish scuba we enjoyed aka so much cancelled all the other dives and dove with aka the rest of the time they are super awesome best dive charter I've ever been on David and Amber felt more like family than new friends. They are super laid back they don't baby sit you in the water but there if u needed them they are the only dive shop we will be diving with when we go back that should tell you how great they are if u go with them tell them thorn and Casey says hey

The best 6-pack I have used in the Keys so far is Seamonkeys Watersports at MM 80 behind the Hampton Inn. They are right in front of Alligator Reef and usually take the center spot there so both of your dives are made from the same location, they always put a guide in the water at no charge and are about $10 cheaper then most other ops. I am the only diver in the group of people I travel with so I am always hooked up with an instabuddy when I dive the Keys. I signed up for a dive with them on a day that turned out to be cold and rough so everyone else canceled but me. They still took me out and I had two outstanding dives with them. They are well worth the drive down from Tavernier! Welcome to SeaMonkeys Watersports! Islamorada, Florida

The best 6-pack I have used in the Keys so far is Seamonkeys Watersports at MM 80 behind the Hampton Inn. They are right in front of Alligator Reef and usually take the center spot there so both of your dives are made from the same location, they always put a guide in the water at no charge and are about $10 cheaper then most other ops. I am the only diver in the group of people I travel with so I am always hooked up with an instabuddy when I dive the Keys. I signed up for a dive with them on a day that turned out to be cold and rough so everyone else canceled but me. They still took me out and I had two outstanding dives with them. They are well worth the drive down from Tavernier! Welcome to SeaMonkeys Watersports! Islamorada, Florida

I second this notion! Sea monkeys took me and my gf out by our selves after the others canceled. Best dive in the keys thanks to the seamonkeys, very pristine coral, awesome biodiversity.
My gf wasn't too comfortable with the back-roll entry but they took their time explaining it and made her comfortable, even if she wasn't comfortable with it they had a secondary entry option.
Great dive OP! I can't speak high enough about them!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks for the replies about Seamonkeys but I have dive with them before so I am familiar with their operation. We have found a nice place to stay in Tavernier and would like to use an op there so we do not have to travel.

Anyone else have experience with AKA? Or another boat out of Tavernier that does 6 or 10 divers max?

It was just me and the wife on aka boat except the Thursday of mini season and it was just one more couple which was great had a private charter almost all week

Check with Conch Republic. They are not always full and they have more than one boat. They did though take the big Newton out for five of us. All because my late wife was in a wheelchair and it was better for her. And she did not even dive. My experience on several trips to the keys havs shown that during the week or when conditions are even a little bit off a lot of the underwater tourists cancel. Does not mean though that the boat will not go out. In fact you often get better dives as they will take you to more diverse and even challenging sites if you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom