Anyone ever dive at the local golf course? :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We taught a military couple back in NC a few years ago. They had a small business collecting balls at a couple of local courses. Most places already had services handling that for them.

They told me the water is yucky with the chemicals and there is the occasional resident to be found in those ponds. They told me once where the husband yelled "Snake!" Wife turned around, picked it up and said, "Just a water snake." and threw it back.

MrRoo:
Thinking about hitting up my local golf course this week which has a lot of big water traps and collect some balls and then resell them on the weekend. Was thinking sellng the balls for $.50 a piece of something. I live on a golf course which has a few VERY big ponds. Anyone ever do this? Anyone ever make some money? Any thoughts? Any input appreciated..

More than likely your local golf course has that covered already, but worth a try, maybe....I'm thinking the word insurance might pop up in your little talk with them

More than likely your local golf course has that covered already, but worth a try, maybe...

I'm thinking the word insurance might pop up in your little talk with them.......

yukoneer:
If you're not making mistakes, you're not trying. :D
Just passing along info so you can make an 'informed' decision.

http://home.nc.rr.com/reteegolf/franchise_info.html

The link shows a machine that rolls long a lake or pond bottom to get golf balls. Probably more efficient than a diver. That's how it was done at my favorite course in North Carolina. The balls do not come up in playable condition. They need cleaning before they are sold, and that is probably as much work as finding them.

The money you make may depend on the quailty of balls you pick up. The lucky diver is going to find plenty of those Pro V1's that sell for about $50 a dozen, new. Find a rich guy's course with plenty of hackers!

If a man is making good money doing this, he must be working really hard.

Back
Top Bottom