Anyone ever been in an accident in Bonaire w/o their insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don't you take a few moments and call American Express and discuss it with them, I'd be surprised if pay for the trip as a package using your AE that would exclude the coverage. Barring that contact your travel broker and discuss the issue with them. Usually things probably aren't as dead ended as you're making them out to be.

No, I did not say that. There is still a contract, walk-around-to-look-for-dents, etc. But there is no payment that I can use my AMEX card for. The payment is part of the room cost, which is handled through the travel broker. I could, I suppose, use my AMEX card to pay for the "CDW Plus", but that kind of misses the point.

If you are able to use Amex to pay for the whole package, would that then start the Amex truck insurance? I think I read that it can work that way.......I have an Amex card and the insurance, but it's been many years since I used it.

Why don't you take a few moments and call American Express and discuss it with them, I'd be surprised if pay for the trip as a package using your AE that would exclude the coverage. Barring that contact your travel broker and discuss the issue with them. Usually things probably aren't as dead ended as you're making them out to be.
Thanks for the suggestion, but usually things are not as simple as you are making them out to be, especially in this case.

OK so what I can take from all of this is to use an AMEX to avoid this again however nobody in bonaire (With one exception possibly) takes AMEX?

Dave

OK so what I can take from all of this is to use an AMEX to avoid this again however nobody in bonaire (With one exception possibly) takes AMEX?

Dave

Pretty much. Telerin/"Poppy" is not "possibly"--they DO take AMEX.

OK I emailed Telerin to see what their weekly rate is. Anyone recall what they paid per week?

Dave

Dave

Specifically - sign up for the premier car rental program with AMEX

After several tries they finally got back to me and it was well over $400. By that point I'd already rented through stuyvesant for much less.
OK I emailed Telerin to see what their weekly rate is. Anyone recall what they paid per week?

Dave

Yeah at that price it'd probably be cheaper at a big rental company w/ CDW.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom