anyone else using dive rite fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68:
Sure thing!

For future reference, if you jump in the water and attempt to start kicking away in Jets you WILL hate them! They are best suited for frog kick, modified flutter and all the other tough propulsion techniques. :) Once you get the hang of them you'll be sold forever...hence the testimonials. :)

-Chris

that makes sense. when i tried the jets i just started kicking, dint use the frog kick or flutter methods. oh well know i know! thanks again

I have not tried the DiveRites, but considered them - They look a lot like Quattros which also get a lot of good reviews around here - so if you like them and they get you out diving - that's what counts...

Have Fun!

CALI68:
Sure thing!

For future reference, if you jump in the water and attempt to start kicking away in Jets you WILL hate them! They are best suited for frog kick, modified flutter and all the other tough propulsion techniques. :) Once you get the hang of them you'll be sold forever...hence the testimonials. :)

-Chris

i guess am getting the jets bro! i lost one of my fins returning from a night shore dive. we surfaced amidst rough waves and perilous rocks. my girlfriend was panicking so i had to let go of one of my fins in the hope i would have enough time to recover em. too bad. oh well!

I have been using the Dive Rite fins for over two years now and like them better than the Jets or Turtles (although the foot pocket is a little small so when I go dry its the Turtles). The DR are a little longer and I feel they give me better control then the Jets some of my buddies agree and dive them but a few still swear by the Jets. Its all personal preference when it comes to fins.

japan-diver:
I have been using the Dive Rite fins for over two years now and like them better than the Jets or Turtles (although the foot pocket is a little small so when I go dry its the Turtles). The DR are a little longer and I feel they give me better control then the Jets some of my buddies agree and dive them but a few still swear by the Jets. Its all personal preference when it comes to fins.

i agree but it doesnt make sense (at least to me) to buy the same model twice, or at least thats my way of justifying my purchase of my soon to be jets.

People lose way too much sleep about fins. If you they work for you, they work for you.

Back
Top Bottom