Anyone else hooked on Battlestar Galactica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, i'm hooked, as are a couple of guys from work. We often reminicse (sp?) about the original series but are absolutly sold on the new direction this one took. much much darker and grim outlook...although its nice to see that the cylons have evolved quite nicely....

Thalassamania:
BSG is something completely different than the general models of either Star Trek or Star Wars. It's dark, personal and relevent. It's the best thing to happen to Science Fiction in a long, long time.

Definitely. It just keeps getting better, what a great episode this week!

I WAS going to love the new series til I found that NOTHING was going to be the same. Flame if you want but dang it keep it more or less like what I grew to love, don't change the lead characters sex for god sakes. Haven't watched one episode. Much like "Kojak" the movie and they go from a white greek to a black man? I'm not sexist or racist, but keep things the way I knew them.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm................ just finally managed to catch it......... mmmmmmmmmmmmm............ yummmm................ can't wait til the next!!!

Thalassamania:
BSG is something completely different than the general models of either Star Trek or Star Wars. It's dark, personal and relevent. It's the best thing to happen to Science Fiction in a long, long time.
Frankly I prefer the black hat/white hat western-in-space Star Wars stuff. (I remember walking out of the very first one saying "Wow! that was a great western!")
But BSG's good and I like it. Thank goodness for DVR...
Rick

fabasard:
I WAS going to love the new series til I found that NOTHING was going to be the same. Flame if you want but dang it keep it more or less like what I grew to love, don't change the lead characters sex for god sakes. Haven't watched one episode. Much like "Kojak" the movie and they go from a white greek to a black man? I'm not sexist or racist, but keep things the way I knew them.

Hmm, you haven't watched one episode...I'll take you're criticism at face value.

If you want what you grew-up on...go to the video store and buy the DVD's.

Azza:
Unfortunately in New Zealand we have only had season one so far...
Azza, this is an easy problem to solve. You can download all of the episodes using a bit torrent client. There are torrents already packed up for each season. The latest episodes are usually available within a few hours of being aired. PM me if you want more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom