Anyone else have trouble with Mares X-Vision?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi JJP161,

Truth be told I didn't like the Tusa the first time either, it felt weird and did not seem to hold it's suction as well as other mask that I had. The interesting thing about the viewtrek is that is is such a low volume mask that i can even blow bubbles though my nose while underwater and don't have to hold onto the mask it just stays there LOL!

If the Matrix doesn't feel too good either, a Scubapro frameless or clone is you next best bet. Personally I love the Poseidon 3D.

Cheers,
SangP

clown_fish:
Maybe the Pure Vision, which is newer, has a better construction ?

I doubt it, same company, same plastic frame, most likely same OEM from China or somewhere like that LOL!

Stuff from Cressi & Poseidon I think are still made in Italy but Mares....?

Chees,
SangP

I guess maybe I'll have to try the Viewtrek as I had the same initial impression when trying it on it the LDS. Please refresh my memory has was the field of vision compared to the X. Thanks,

Hi JJP161,

Better field of vision, lower volume and if you love to take photos, it is a much better mask than the X-vision. I have the M-23QB and it's a great mask for me but don't take my word, go test it out yourself then decide.
info on the mask.
http://www.tusa.com/masks_viewtrek.shtml

Cheers,
SangP

SangP:
I doubt it, same company, same plastic frame, most likely same OEM from China or somewhere like that LOL!

Stuff from Cressi & Poseidon I think are still made in Italy but Mares....?

Chees,
SangP
My Mares X-Vision is Made In Italy, just like my other 3 Mares masks. :eyebrow:
Maybe you should get your facts right? :wink:

Well I have a Mares X-Vision and a Tusa Viewtrek on order and will give a side by side comparison after I have tried both. Any one have any comments on the Tusa Platina Hyperdry. I have to admit that I do prefer a purge valve.

Joe

Man, that's the problem with having so many masks I keep forgeting what is made where LOL!

I've 3 Mares (actualy one is for my girl) (made in Italy), 2 Poseidon (Italy) Aqualung Maui (china i think), Tusa Viewtrek (China too i think), 1 Cressi (italy).... I gotta stop here, if my significant other finds out just how many masks I have I eh.....

Anyway, JJP161 I would not get anything with a purge valve as it is a potential failure point. I don't like the idea of doing a deep dive with a purge valve.

SangP

JJP161:
Well I have a Mares X-Vision and a Tusa Viewtrek on order and will give a side by side comparison after I have tried both. Any one have any comments on the Tusa Platina Hyperdry. I have to admit that I do prefer a purge valve.

Joe

First mask I bought was a Platina, with the purge valve on the side. Don't think the mask could have leaked more if one of the lenses was missing. Maybe it was the moustache, or maybe the shape of my face, but my $19.95 generic mask works much better. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom