Anyone else ever have an "Air Out" experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP:
FIRST: Why on earth would you do this? Practicing a CESA makes sense, but you NEVER take your reg out of your mouth. Whether a practice or a real CESA, always leave your reg in your mouth. This was an entirely avoidable problem.
This way of doing the CESA used to be the CMAS standard. It's been updated only in the last few years but in 1988 (when Luc did this) it was normal and expected to CESA like that where he comes from.

R..

Well, you know what happened shortly after that - I sucked the last molecules of air out of that tank! Boy, thats an interesting feeling.
I've felt that feeling - twice on the same dive :11: pretty sick feeling. During my more rowdy diving days, working off a deco and searching for the boat when I should have just been ascending with stops - with a pony on leaky reg that was improperly mounted so I couldn't see the problem. It's been a few years, dives and classes since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom