Anyone doing anything this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw:
Working the shop and updating my website. taking a weekend off from Scuba. We had a great trip on the Spree over Labor Day. I am still dizzy from the boat though and I am curtailing my scuba activities until I find out what's up. I have already been to two doctor's and will go to a third early next week. :dry:

Sounds like you're doing the right thing, Debra. I was wondering about you, because I saw that SIS was a sponsor for the CSSP Dive From the Heart, and you usually tout these things in advance. I hope that this dizziness is nothing to worry about, and am glad you're getting medical attention. Please keep us posted!

Foo

The owner is drawing up the contract, cleaning it up and connecting the basic cable. Today made 1 hr-5mins at Porto Marie, 70ft max, decent reef, huge drum, eel out feeding. Of course I didn't take the camera, so naturally we see good photo opportunities. :sweep:

Think tomorrow we'll head a bit further west, pick some tanks up at Aqua divers on the way,(10Naf each), pack some sodas and sammishes, and TAKE the camera.

Good luck on the class, Tom, I'm sure you'll have a ball.

Miss all you guys,

tony & Bren

scubatexastony:
The owner is drawing up the contract, cleaning it up and connecting the basic cable. Today made 1 hr-5mins at Porto Marie, 70ft max, decent reef, huge drum, eel out feeding. Of course I didn't take the camera, so naturally we see good photo opportunities. :sweep:

Think tomorrow we'll head a bit further west, pick some tanks up at Aqua divers on the way,(10Naf each), pack some sodas and sammishes, and TAKE the camera.

Good luck on the class, Tom, I'm sure you'll have a ball.

Miss all you guys,

tony & Bren

Does my room have a view? :dance: Uh, what's a Naf? Is that the currency down there?

How's Bren liking it so far?

Catching up on all the junk I let slide since I've been out of town the last 3 weekends.

We had a great trip on the Spree over Labor Day.

Did your group see that massive manta (12' +/-) on Stetson the last day? I was having major strobe issues this trip so I didn't get any good shots of her. I snapped this one a "wee bit" beyond 120' before she headed over the deep shelf. One of the couples with us said she hung out with them for about 20 minutes. Guess I need to learn how to pick my dive buddies better.

Hope you get the dizzy thing worked out. If not ya may have to resort to using some bleach.

Dee:
Does my room have a view? :dance: Uh, what's a Naf? Is that the currency down there?

How's Bren liking it so far?

Not a whole lot to see out side the window, nice landscaping and a wall/ lot. We're in Van Engelen close to shopping and such, but there's a nice pool off the huge porch. It's a short drive to the water though, but most of the waterfront places are resorts and such. Bren likes it, ready to get moved in to a home and cook!

Naf, guilder = 0.56 US or 1 dollar = 1.79 guilder /Naf (flourin) same thing....

Miss you guys!

see my home....LOL
http://www.allenhost.com/albums/Living-in-Curacao/P9033832.sized.jpg

Wow...you got a great view! :D

Texass:
Hope you get the dizzy thing worked out. If not ya may have to resort to using some bleach.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

last weekend ..... the BBQ uas great. the beer was cold and the Dallas Cowboys won .... doesn't get any better than that ....

Texass:
Did your group see that massive manta (12' +/-) on Stetson the last day? Hope you get the dizzy thing worked out.

I missed the Manta but half of our group did see it. I think I have the dizzy thing worked out. I believe it is called "Mal De Debarquement"

http://www.tchain.com/otoneurology/disorders/central/mdd.html

I stopped drinking caffeine because it is a stimulus for sustaining the effects. I had avery bad attack on Saturday ( 6 days after getting off the boat!) but after I calmed down slept and laid off the caffeine I woke up Sunday morning symptom free. Unbelevable. I called the Doctor at the FW Science center to tell him about the results and he seems skeptical. Right now it's the only thing that I have come up with. I had all the symptoms and then when I followed the directions for easing them, it worked.

Glad to hear you're on the way to recovering. I hope it works out. It wouldn't be the first time an expert was wrong, still I wouldn't just blow the doc off.

Funny thing is that I started thinking about you right after I wrote that line, Foo. :05:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom