Anyone Do the Shark Feed Dive in Bahamas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrusso

Reaction score
:dazzler1: Hey, my boyfriend (NAUI instructor) and I want to experience the shark feed dive in Bahamas. We are thinking about diving with Stuart Cove's dive operator in Mid-May.
Any comments, suggestions?

Welcome to the board!
I'd dive with them....I haven't but my divebuddy has and had a great time.

Joe

I've done the Shark Dive with Stuart Cove in Nassau as well as with UNEXSO in Grand Bahama. I think they were both very interesting and educational. They will give you a new appreciation for the beautiful creatures sharks really are.

An even better option if you are up for it is one of the Shark or Shark/Dolphin trips to the Bahamas with Jim Abernethy. His liveaboard, Shear Water, goes to the Bahamas for trips of varying lengths. You will definitely have your fill of sharks on those trips -- reef sharks and tiger sharks in the summer as well as great hammerheads, lemons, bulls, reef, and tigers in the winter. This is open water swimming with sharks, however. No cages. If you're up for it, it's a great time! Check out my website (www.debersole.com) or Eric Cheng's (www.echeng.com) for photos. Shark Diver Magazine (www.sharkdivermag.com) is also a great resource for shark enthusiasts.

My dive buddy did the one at Sutart Coves with his wife. He said it was pretty cool. Everybody just sits on the bottom while an employee feeds the sharks.

Terry

mrusso:
:dazzler1: Hey, my boyfriend (NAUI instructor) and I want to experience the shark feed dive in Bahamas. We are thinking about diving with Stuart Cove's dive operator in Mid-May.
Any comments, suggestions?

Stuart Cove runs a 1st class operation - do it, you won't regret it!

Hello mrusso, my name is Matt. I would like to welcome you to ScubaBoard!

Take care and Safe Diving. :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

Howdy!

Welcome your to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

For info on diving a particular area, please go to that forum on our forum listings, or use our Search feautre for a wealth of info. Let me know if you have any problems with this. :)

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Back
Top Bottom