Anyone diving the Quick Draw Twins setup for doubles??..If so,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use this on trips to dive independent doubles, typically AL80s. Allows me to go deep and long and stay down as long as the girls. Also gets the redundancy without have to carry a pony...

When you say independent doubles, are you talking complete, with reg., octo, & console? If so where do you put all the extra hoses?

When you say independent doubles, are you talking complete, with reg., octo, & console? If so where do you put all the extra hoses?

Compared to a manifolded doubles setup there is just one extra hose for the second SPG coming off the right post.

Right post - HP SPG, LP Primary Reg, LP BC inflator.
Left post - HP SPG, LP Secondary Reg, LP DS inflator (if you use one).

That's me. Perhaps SS does it different.

Left tank seems to have SPG combo AND transmitter. Right tank only second stage....no?

Breath the right tank to for sure zero and then use the left to go up? I dunno the whole concept of independent doubles seems so quaint to me when you could use the same cylinders sidemount, in many cases with better hose routing, easier attachment, and most importantly be able to see the valves and regs. If you want independents, great - I don't see the value in backmounting them compared to sidemount.

Left tank seems to have SPG combo AND transmitter. Right tank only second stage....no?

I think the pic is just for 'being pretty & colorful'..I meant the 4 cam bands & 2 alum brackets......

Compared to a manifolded doubles setup there is just one extra hose for the second SPG coming off the right post.

Right post - HP SPG, LP Primary Reg, LP BC inflator.
Left post - HP SPG, LP Secondary Reg, LP DS inflator (if you use one).

That's me. Perhaps SS does it different.

This is what I was thinking(your setup) & it does work......thanks for your help...

Breath the right tank to for sure zero and then use the left to go up? I dunno the whole concept of independent doubles seems so quaint to me when you could use the same cylinders sidemount, in many cases with better hose routing, easier attachment, and most importantly be able to see the valves and regs. If you want independents, great - I don't see the value in backmounting them compared to sidemount.

Hmmm, breathe one tank exclusively..... then you loose gas in the other... OOPS. No, if you want to do independents, you need to balance. Balancing means knowing how much you have in each tank.

(I know we are on the same page Richard)

I don't see my system as being quaint. Perhaps I have the definition wrong.
I can see my valves as well as any manifolded doubles diver and the hose routing is similar to manifolded doubles too (with one more SPG hose to contend with).
I don't think side mounting has easier attachment points? One needs to buy a whole new harness/BC or perform modifications to an existing BC and then taking a SM course or self learn how to sidemount. Is that easier than just bolting doubles to the backplate? The funny thing is, in threads where sidemounting is discussed, SM is often touted as being inferior to backmounting for OW diving.

This is what I was thinking(your setup) & it does work......thanks for your help...

Your welcome.

Last edited:
Diving indies wheather back mount or side mount is just prefrance. I do not agree with it due to the task loading and discipline needed to do it correctly. I spearfish and that would be way to much to manage. As far as backmounting using the slots on your plate with cam bands seems to easy?
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom