Anyone diving in Biloxi/Mobile area this time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Falcon99:
Well, it has come down to what's probably a real dumb question...

I'm getting those diving withdrawal jitters. They blessed me with a two week TDY to Keesler starting December 7th.

Am I just plain crazy to even ask if any of you dive this time of year down there - or even know of any charters attempting it?

James
I believe you are asking if anyone dives the northern gulf in December. I am originaly from Mobile and we would do night dives on the west jetty at Perdido Pass. Yes it cold, wear a dry or wet suit. I always wore a wetsuit. You want to dive when the high tide is around midnight. Get in the water on the beach side one hour before high tide. The water is the clearest and there is still a slight incoming drift. Stay at the edge of the rocks were it meets the sand and you will slam the flounder. Make sure to have a good light and a pole spear with some sort of stringer to put the fish on. Good luck and good hunting.
back40

Back
Top Bottom