Anyone diving in Biloxi/Mobile area this time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Falcon99

Reaction score
Well, it has come down to what's probably a real dumb question...

I'm getting those diving withdrawal jitters. They blessed me with a two week TDY to Keesler starting December 7th.

Am I just plain crazy to even ask if any of you dive this time of year down there - or even know of any charters attempting it?

James

and yes, I do.

Call around to the shops there - some might be running charters, but many have their boats out this time of year and use the time to do maintenance.

I am new to the area. I tried diving in the Biloxi sound and gave up because of the water clarity. If you can find a charter boat to take us to the rigs, I'm for it. Please email jlayman800@hotmail.com.

I just did a weekend in Destin (about 4 hours East). Beautiful water. Stay away from Emerald Coast Scuba because of an honesty problem. I recommend Scuba Tech (850) 837-2822.

I would be glad to go with you if you give me a day or two notice. Charter boats going every weekend and some week days. Scuba Tech has a night dive going Saturday. :wink:

John

Falcon99:

I'm getting those diving withdrawal jitters. They blessed me with a two week TDY to Keesler starting December 7th.

Am I just plain crazy to even ask if any of you dive this time of year down there - or even know of any charters attempting it?

James

I just spoke to George at Dixie Marine in Pascagoula. He has a 24' Sea Hawk and takes up to 6 divers at a time. He does an all day trip for $120 which includes 3 dives. His contact numbers are 392-8753 (home) 380-8753 (cellular). The waters are too rough for Saturday but he may have a dive going on Sunday. Give him a call. He will go with as few as 2 divers.

Falcon99:

James

I'm in Gulf Shores, AL, its only like 1-2 hours away :) if you guys are ever up for a dive let me know. I dive off the beach nearly every weekend with decent enough conditions.

$120 for a 3 tank dive sounds awefully expensive. What all does that include??? I have been useing Xtreme Adventures in Mobile, $75 for a three tank dive and even GCD was only $85 and I quit useing them because they were too expensive. How far out do you have to run to get into good vis out of Pascagoula? We do alot of camping out on Horn Island and have been thinking about bringing my gear next time and heading out to one of the rigs out past the islands.

Sounds Great!! Please drop me a direct email with your contact information. I am always open to getting in the water. John Layman, Ocean Springs. jlayman800@hotmail.com

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm in Gulf Shores, AL, its only like 1-2 hours away :) if you guys are ever up for a dive let me know. I dive off the beach nearly every weekend with decent enough conditions.

Yes, $120 sounded high to me too. George supplies some drinks and light snacks and the ice box. It still sounds high but I'm new to the area and don't know any of the other boats. I am going with George on Saturday 5/29 and will report on the results. This is specifically a spear fishing trip but he is running another trip the following days for people that don't want to spear fish. His web page is http://scuby-do.com/

Could you please post contact information for the other boats? It would be a big favor for all of us.

Also new to Biloxi...looking to go diving anytime here, Alabama or Florida.

Weather permitting, we'll be at Ft. Pickens jeddies this up-coming Sunday. Should be shallow tides so not-much of a current, hopefully.

Update: Didn't notice that it was going to be Memorial Day weekend. Pensacola Beach will be packed, so I think we'll have a group in Gulf Shores diving if the weather is good and if the surf picks up and vis goes down, we'll head for Vortex.

Back
Top Bottom