anyone diving anywhere this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDawg:
Think Sat me and SCUBADIVINERIK are gonna try to head down to Ginnie.

If Manatee is not good for me , maybe I will meet you guys at Ginnie !!!!
I usually do the ballroom side first...

Jean

metaldector:
Sunday at Blue Spring, Orange City. You interested? I didn't dive Easter and it driving me crazy!

Rodger, thanks for the invite. I ended up driving to WPB to dive this weekend, if we don't get blown out!

I will be in a pool with Cbulla, watching him go Belly Up......ohh and maybe putting the boat in the water

Cavern certified, if you want to dive with Robert I can find another to buddie up with. Let me know. We will be there at 9:00AM at the gate.

jeandiver:
Er , you doing Blue on Sunday ??? Hey , I got a new toy to use there...But only if I have a cavern person to dive with ...

Jean

P.S. I know on Saturday I plan to slip down to Manatee Springs and dive with the Strange Reel crowd !!!

I get to play dead tomorrow for Jenny et als rescue check out dives :fruit:

Marvel:
I get to play dead tomorrow for Jenny et als rescue check out dives :fruit:

gee, that sounds like great fun.. Did you have to practice to get that position :wink:

remember when I did my rescue class... This little mackerel kept coming up and trying to bite my bubbles.

Jeff

(and yes, we got blown out.....for today)

Marvel did great "playing dead on the bottom." :D
Sorry to hear you got blown out. I think we got lucky getting the dive in when we did, and even then, it was pretty bumpy out there.

My wife went out yesterday (Sunday) with some spearfishing friends of hers. 8+ foot seas at the Boynton inlet, and then 6-8 foot seas offshore with a 3+ knot current. They saw a huge turtle tumbling end-over-end in the current unable to control itself. No one could shoot anything. The first dive, they covered almost 2.5 miles on a 40-minute dive. Same on the second.
The winds were out the north, but there was a north-bound current - the Gulf Stream came all the way inshore and brought blue water but lots of sand. She didn't even dive since she doesn't like solo speed dives.
There were spinner sharks putting on a nice show just off the inshore reefs - that sounded pretty neat. It was too rough to run the Boynton inlet comning back so they blasted down to Boca inlet. Low tide so they had to powersurf a set in since the bottom was only 1 foot deep when the waves pulled back. Boca Lake was packed with people just enjoying the day inside - no one was swimming because the incoming tide was blue milk and the outgoing tide was brownish-green milk.
They wanted me to drive, but wuss that I am, since I have a cold so I just stayed home. I just lolled out in the sun in the backyard compound, reading Dean Koontz, drinking medicinal rum punches, and unable to find my swimsuit. I guess that could be called just playing dead in the backyard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom