Anyone Diving a KISS RB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sensor

Reaction score
What do you guys think about KISS? I'd like to get some feedback on things like what depths they are going to, gas consumption, general issues while diving it, and the type of diving its being used for.

I've asked Gordon all of these questions, I just want to get a feel of what the user thinks.

I'm going to be taken one for a dive on Sunday so hopefully with your input I'll be able to buy it with no question of its capability.

Thanks

Hi Sensor,

I had a good look at a kiss last week on a deep wreck trip. It is a very tidy unit. The counterlungs are placed between the backplate and cannister and everything is very streamlined. It looks really well engineered. I originally considered buying a kiss instead of an inspiration but imagined the O2 decay to be quicker than it really is at depth and whilst on ascent. The kiss diver did a 72 metre dive with us and only had to make one addition of o2 to maintain his setpoint whilst on the bottom. He opted out of the 84 metre dive but I do not think it was out of any concerns he had with the unit. More likely concerns about dodgy dive buddies:D

Good luck Sunday. I suspect you'll have bought one by Sunday night.

Cheers

Dave

If that is you DG then it was me that did the 72m dive and piked on the 84m one. It wasn’t the dive buddies that caused me to call that one but rather I felt it was a touch too deep too soon for me. A wise call given the shot missed. Grin.

I see I’m too late to tell you how good the KISS is Scott as my in tray has just this minute told me you are buying one. Welcome to the club. If you have any questions just sing out and I will gladly help. Probably better to PM though, I seem to have a few problems accessing this board.

Hey Kiss 57

Maybe it's too late to get sensor to buy a kiss, But I'd really like to hear your opinions about the unit.

Ryan

I would love any info on the KISS FROM ACTUAL users, I have been on just about anything out there (that is realy being used). Any info would be great

JON

sensor:
What do you guys think about KISS? I'd like to get some feedback on things like what depths they are going to, gas consumption, general issues while diving it, and the type of diving its being used for.

I've asked Gordon all of these questions, I just want to get a feel of what the user thinks.

I'm going to be taken one for a dive on Sunday so hopefully with your input I'll be able to buy it with no question of its capability.

Thanks

the KISS is a very sweet unit, I took one out a few weeks ago for some Canada diving and found it to be easy to set up and very easy to dive. I felt comfortable within a couple of dives (I already dive a converted Dolphin using KISS parts) and it breathed nice. I only went down to about 80fsw or so but know folks diving it to 300 on mix. The manufacteur only recommends it be dived to 130fsw. The oxygen injection will only work to about 10 ATA, so its depth limit based on that is 300. I have a nice teardown, done by Gordon, the inventor, on my website.

jptrealty:
I would love any info on the KISS FROM ACTUAL users, I have been on just about anything out there (that is realy being used). Any info would be great
JON

Hi,

I have only been diving the KISS for a very short time but feel free to ask questions. I trained on the Inspiration but, other than breathing resistance which is lower on the Inspiration, I find the KISS much more enjoyable to dive.

- Ozzy

How much does the KISS system cost?

Back
Top Bottom