Anyone diving a CCR2000, looking for feedback.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pt40fathoms

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Lots of sales lit. but what I'm interested in is user responce.

Are there any members who are diving a CCR2000, hard case or soft pack, and how would you rate it. Likes, dislikes etc... It's a lot of money, but I'm having a tough time deciding between the Inspiration or the CCR2000.

I've gotta agree with the mole, again.
The sheer number of units sold, the availability of the rig and parts for it, as well as the necessary training, the accessability of it's users, its trackrecord (although not perfect) all are good reasons for the Inspiration.

Must be nice to have the option to burn $20K on just the breather ... :rolleyes: For that I'd get the Inspiration and the Evolution ... O2 integrated computer ... Kevin's Hammerhead(s if it fits the Evo) ... Bob's OC/DSV ... and now I'm about at $20K. :D Or maybe get started on Twinspiration Hammerhead ... . Or, if all of that becomes to much Ambient Pressure, maybe a Megalodon instead of two different sized units. Get some variety into that otherwise boring life. :wink:

Anyway, I saw the CCR2000 at a dive show 2 years ago, and wasn't impressed. Read the literature, too, and that 400ft. dive on their website left me wondering, if I remember right. It's been a while. Haven't seen them since nor looked for them. The Inspiration is an easy and obvious choice. I've seen the Megalodon, it looked solid, and I think is worth checking out if CE certification is not mandatory.

Thanks for the response guys, I'l take a harder look at the Inspiration and do some more comparing.

soon to be bubble free......

Two great places for it is the Inspiration&VR3 Message Board at www.ccrinfo.com and Madmole's site.
As the first Hammerheads have reached the customers and more are to follow during next week, check in on the message board. It should be buzzing.
Check out Juegensen Marine's site, the link is on either of the above ones. For a look on 3 Twinspiration projects, as well as RBs in general, visit Janwillems site, I think it's www.rebreather.nl
If not, you'll find links on above sites. :)

I don't know if you are still looking for a rebreather but the one I just chose is the PRISM Topaz. It was one of the 40 units tested by the US Navey and is there unit of choice. It is the only unit that passed the testing out of all units and for me safty is important. The fact that you can fly it without the electronics functioning was a key factor in my choice, but then again you can always trust the equipment to never have a problem.
Check out the unit at http://www.steammachines.com/

They also sell SodaSorb absorbant to keep the cost down.

Have fun diving.

caveseeker7 once bubbled...
I've gotta agree with the mole, again.
The sheer number of units sold, the availability of the rig and parts for it, as well as the necessary training, the accessability of it's users, its trackrecord (although not perfect) all are good reasons for the Inspiration.

Must be nice to have the option to burn $20K on just the breather ... :rolleyes: For that I'd get the Inspiration and the Evolution ... O2 integrated computer ... Kevin's Hammerhead(s if it fits the Evo) ... Bob's OC/DSV ... and now I'm about at $20K. :D Or maybe get started on Twinspiration Hammerhead ... . Or, if all of that becomes to much Ambient Pressure, maybe a Megalodon instead of two different sized units. Get some variety into that otherwise boring life. :wink:

Anyway, I saw the CCR2000 at a dive show 2 years ago, and wasn't impressed. Read the literature, too, and that 400ft. dive on their website left me wondering, if I remember right. It's been a while. Haven't seen them since nor looked for them. The Inspiration is an easy and obvious choice. I've seen the Megalodon, it looked solid, and I think is worth checking out if CE certification is not mandatory.

whomever is basing a CCR purchase decision based on price should not be diving a CCR!!!!!!!!!! life support equipment, not a car to get you to work...

most newbie inspiration divers are not aware that there are some long-term maintenance issues that must be addressed. All of the electronics and batteries are in the loop, so they get moist, and likwise the PO2 handsets are pressure fed from the head, so condensation will cause some corrosion issues. For sake of comparison, the CCR2000 uses all submarine wet-connects for electronics...you can literally break the unit down underwater! be I believe the CCR2000 is back in production in Rhode Island and selling for $13,000US. So an inspiration with a VR3 is around 10 anyway...the 2000 is a far superior unit, not even the same league..its like comparing apples with steak, not with oranges!

Interesting...rumor has it that the new mfg has developed a global marketing campaign that will put a damper on inspiration, prism, and Mk16 for their respective markets...the rebreather community is in for an awakening I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom