Anyone diving a CCR2000, looking for feedback.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7 once bubbled...
I've gotta agree with the mole, again.
The sheer number of units sold, the availability of the rig and parts for it, as well as the necessary training, the accessability of it's users, its trackrecord (although not perfect) all are good reasons for the Inspiration.

Must be nice to have the option to burn $20K on just the breather ... :rolleyes: For that I'd get the Inspiration and the Evolution ... O2 integrated computer ... Kevin's Hammerhead(s if it fits the Evo) ... Bob's OC/DSV ... and now I'm about at $20K. :D Or maybe get started on Twinspiration Hammerhead ... . Or, if all of that becomes to much Ambient Pressure, maybe a Megalodon instead of two different sized units. Get some variety into that otherwise boring life. :wink:

Anyway, I saw the CCR2000 at a dive show 2 years ago, and wasn't impressed. Read the literature, too, and that 400ft. dive on their website left me wondering, if I remember right. It's been a while. Haven't seen them since nor looked for them. The Inspiration is an easy and obvious choice. I've seen the Megalodon, it looked solid, and I think is worth checking out if CE certification is not mandatory.
How do you define your "Not Impressed" regarding the CCR2000...........What critcal process did you use to determine that the Inspiration is a better choice?...CCR2000 has it hands down on design, technology, capability, saftey.......also, it's application as you saw it was intended more for commercial/scientific application.......So, tell me, how do you make your comparision?....What are your guidelines?...Just becuase Inspiration is being produced does not suggest that it is the best unit available.....Service, Training, available Parts are important...I do agree with you here......I've seen both units side by side.......Honestly, apples to apples, and making a "Hands On" assessment both units, and not from a Trade Show/website viewpoint.The Inspiration does not come anywhere close to the CCR2000 from the standpoint of Design, Engineering excellence, technology integration, performance, efficiency, and most importantly SAFETY.......One should be careful while making opininated staements about life support equipment...You must look at the real facts that are obviuos, objective, and critical to making the "RIGHT" decision of what to place on your back that will ultimately support your life to the highest degree possible.

How about filling in some of the blanks in your profile ... are you the same as 'innerspace' without the 1000?
And why use Innerspace's name if you're not related to the company?
Stefan

no, innerspace is not the same as me innerspace1000...

makes some good points however. also, no affiliation to 'innerspace systems' on the west coast. I use innerspace because of another project and company I am involved with here on the east coast.

but, yes, new and improved 2000 is back in action.........i think the exploration diving community will be pleasantly surprised at whats around the corner...CIS-what??

caveseeker7 once bubbled...
How about filling in some of the blanks in your profile ... are you the same as 'innerspace' without the 1000?
And why use Innerspace's name if you're not related to the company?
Stefan
I chose "Innerspace" simply becuse it best represents hwere we all spend our time....recreationally, commercially, scientifically.......Innerspace is my office...my passion.......the world within.........that the deal there...I hope this answers your question.......besides.....I'm here to listen...learn and share.........so, why I chose the name and the name itself really isn't that significant to anything else or anyone else except me.......thanks for asking........

Good, welcome both of you.
I'll try to answer some, but this is getting a pain in the rear with two innerspaces in two CCR2000 threads.
So my answer to these posts will move to the "CCR2000 back in production!!!!!!!!" thread for simplicity.
:rolleyes:

Cool Caveseeker....I'll hang in the same place........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom